Noise Guitar & Related Conceptual Interpretations

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Re: Noise Guitar & Related Conceptual Interpretations

Post by Indeterminacy »

Pat Metheny's modified Roland 303 guitar modified to include
a Synclavier interface.
Pat_Metheny_with_Custom_Roland_G-303_Syncalvier_Controller.jpg
Viewed 688 times
Synclavier-Remote-01.jpg
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

image.png
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

A couple of old favorites.
harp-diy.jpg
Viewed 500 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
FLORIDA MAN
Noise Artist

Post by FLORIDA MAN »

The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

Recently discovered that my brother totally disassembled a guitar in the garage and just left it there (a black Strat copy with "Sawtooth" on the headstock), decided to turn it into a noise device. Currently I have it set up with the intent to put some springs on it and turn the neck pickup cavity into a shaker box. Anyone who's built similar devices that can offer some advice on construction? I've got a flat piezo element affixed in the bridge cavity, but I also have the pick guard with all the electronics still affixed if actual guitar pickups are better for spring abuse. Want a device that can just blast out harsh noise with some distortion and minimal other effects, so the priority is chunky feedback and rumble.

I've got a friend who will be doing the actual electronics work, so I can probably get it rigged up to switch between both sound sources if I want to keep the shaker integrated.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
FLORIDA MAN
Noise Artist

Post by FLORIDA MAN »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:50 pm Recently discovered that my brother totally disassembled a guitar in the garage and just left it there (a black Strat copy with "Sawtooth" on the headstock), decided to turn it into a noise device. Currently I have it set up with the intent to put some springs on it and turn the neck pickup cavity into a shaker box. Anyone who's built similar devices that can offer some advice on construction? I've got a flat piezo element affixed in the bridge cavity, but I also have the pick guard with all the electronics still affixed if actual guitar pickups are better for spring abuse. Want a device that can just blast out harsh noise with some distortion and minimal other effects, so the priority is chunky feedback and rumble.

I've got a friend who will be doing the actual electronics work, so I can probably get it rigged up to switch between both sound sources if I want to keep the shaker integrated.
the more the better.. if you're not going to sting it up, just have a bunch of springs sticking out, piezos will work fine...but if you want to string it up, add the pickups too.

From noisewiki to noiseouija: this place is a cemetery
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

FLORIDA MAN wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:18 pm From noisewiki to noiseouija: this place is a cemetery
Sad but true. Seems like Special Interests is really the last bastion of Noise forums now.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:07 pm
FLORIDA MAN wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:18 pm From noisewiki to noiseouija: this place is a cemetery
Sad but true. Seems like Special Interests is really the last bastion of Noise forums now.
…or scream & writhe