Noise Guitar & Related Conceptual Interpretations

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Noise Guitar & Related Conceptual Interpretations

Post by RUBBISH »

crochambeau wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:50 am
RUBBISH wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:09 ama giant stainless steel 1950s vibrator
Have you pics?

Do we need a vibrator thread?

Does anyone have a paint mixer, or fat flapper (whatever the fuck those things were called)?
Still looking for the vibrator...damn It

Till I find it here's and old fan that's fun and dangerous.
15980131596001825921364.jpg

Oh yay...here ya go.
1598013269323178617471.jpg
1598013307527388744428.jpg
15980133638781867351564.jpg
place holder
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

GEAR!

Your vibrator is the chromed big brother to mine. I think they are actually Stimulax Juniors with the flat black crackle paint on the body.

Same general idea though, brushed universal motors make all sorts of line noise while vibrating.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:06 pm
I got my start with a guitar I bought from a guy in my dorm for $20 bucks, restrung it with bailing wire, plugged it into my shitty half broken stereo preamp, playing with an electric toothbrush my parents had bought me and recorded it with a tape deck I had probably owned since I was 12.
Wait, you made Noise with a guitar?

Seems to be an invalidation of an argument.
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

Indeterminacy wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:46 am
I got my start with a guitar I bought from a guy in my dorm for $20 bucks, restrung it with bailing wire, plugged it into my shitty half broken stereo preamp, playing with an electric toothbrush my parents had bought me and recorded it with a tape deck I had probably owned since I was 12.

We were all budding Yngwies at one point in time.

I remember buying my first guitar too, a friend described it simply as "pink". "Pink?" I replied. "Yeah, pink like a dick." he said. I still coughed up $20 for it, and then sanded it down to protect my frail manhood.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

The first guitar I ever bought for myself was also for $20... I think the girl I bought it from was trying to be overly-accommodating by accepting my pathetic offer. In hindsight, I feel very guilty about buying it from her (via her mother, who apparently sold it, or various pieces of musical gear, I always assumed as a side business) for so little money. I did not appreciate it. I made lots of bad music with it, then broke it (again) at my first "real" show.

The girl and I lost touch. She's dead now. That guitar's still in pieces, with several parts scattered, lost. I sincerely wish I'd been a better, more grateful friend to her. We barely hung out outside of school. One of those few times we had was one night when I came over to her house while her mom was away and smoked pot out of a soda can with her and a mutual friend-associate, and someone else I didn't really know (might've been a couple of people for all I can remember). I just made a fool of myself. She teased me about the fact that I only came over after saying she had weed. It was the thing that ultimately convinced me. It had to be dirt weed because I handled it well enough, and I hardly ever smoked/smoke pot, and have had several bad experiences with it. I laughed while inhaling and accidentally blew pot grounds everywhere.
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

Pink guitar from a very long time ago.
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

It was my first mistake but you learn from mistakes :hit:

This is what is left of that guitar.. I smashed it once at a show and then taped it back together with duct tape and then smashed it again at another show
image.png
Viewed 1149 times
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

admin has expressed doubts about guitar based noise to me personally... hump

I belive his doubts are more emotionally based than fact based...hahaha
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:49 am I belive his doubts are more emotionally based than fact based...hahaha
The fact is that just because it's a guitar doesn't mean the person using it has any more of an idea how to play or make non boring noise with it.

One of the most absurd examples of this was when I saw somebody manage to be boring while using a "prepared guitar" that had been prepared by somebody else. uhuh
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:56 am
RUBBISH wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:49 am I belive his doubts are more emotionally based than fact based...hahaha
The fact is that just because it's a guitar doesn't mean the person using it has any more of an idea how to play or make non boring noise with it.

One of the most absurd examples of this was when I saw somebody manage to be boring while using a "prepared guitar" that had been prepared by somebody else. uhuh
So its not so much the guitar but the goof ass pseudo hippy experimental MUSIC dork playing it thats the problem.

That makes sense.
place holder