Ugly, Weird, Crazy pedals

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Ugly, Weird, Crazy pedals

Post by ¾ dead »

I've just discovered Tortuga Effects and their line of cryptid/monster-themed pedals.

I adore them. Their whole range of pedals is so gaudy, it's hard not to like them. Can't be fucked trying to post images on my stupid phone, but just look!: http://www.tortugaeffects.com/TortugaEffects.html

The artwork looks like your typical magazine ad attempting to ape comic book aesthetics: Clearly the work of a graphic designer, not a comic book illustrator. Or someone who illustates squeaky-clean/digitally-rendered edu-comics for kids.

I honestly want them just for the charming, overworked-yet-unrefined art. :orly:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

man, I can't afford pedals anymore. I might take.a pic of the ones I have, like some mental orgy :orly: yeah I'm gonna do that :D
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Pretty ugly just for the earwax coloration. Super cheap, chintzy switching mechanism, probably even less robust than DOD's old soft touch switches.
Screenshot_20220829-183932_Gallery.png
Viewed 675 times
My nephew has it currently, so I can't test it side by side with the original DOD Grunge, but they do seem pretty similar. I didn't really know what to expect from a bootleg copy like this, but these are actually cheaper than originals right now, which I find annoying. Not exactly a shortage of DOD Grunge and DM pedals, after all.
xik
Noise Person

Post by xik »

pedal display.jpg