post your fantasy setup

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

zowozon
Noiser

post your fantasy setup

Post by zowozon »

heres mine
m
zowozon
Noiser

Re: post your fantasy setup

Post by zowozon »

m
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I only wish I had enough space for what I have already. A dedicated studio space where everything is already set up and ready to go when I want it, or else organized in a way that makes it easily accessible (i.e., not wedged behind ten other devices in a drawer). I'm tired of constantly shuffling shit around and spending 30 minutes to an hour breaking things down in order to set up something else. I like to multi-track stuff. I like being able to layer a lot of different sources. The current space cramps my style immensely.

My fantasy setup also includes a qt bf who somehow enjoys doing this shit too. lucky
Someone to work as a second pair of hands and keep me accountable for dusting mostly.
Like Pomplamoose, but with noise and not half as gay.

Never gonna happen.
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

In an ideal world where money was no object, I'd be running a big mixer into a nice tube amp (probably with a limiter to prevent any cabinet blowing volume spikes), with the mixer blending signals from guitar, electronic drone instruments, and feedback loops. Probably a looper or two somewhere in there, some crunchy feedback modulation, and walls of feedback drone. I'd like to keep the hypothetical setup fairly low on redundancy, piping guitar through some big warm Drone Metal fuzz tones (your Boris, your Sunn O))), etc.) and getting some more drone/Skullflower-ish stuff with a really gritty, harsh fuzz or two. I love my Synth Wah, so I'd probably have one without a busted switch (my current one has to be clicked in a specific way to consistently switch it on). Probably get one or two of those big EHX POGs for octaves up and down in one pedal. Get a wah, ring mod, and a bit crusher, probably some EQs and a good harmonizer. Delay and Reverb to taste, probably a tremolo. My ideal noise setup is a nice mixture of instruments I can manipulate physically to change the texture and some effects boxes I can use to warp them into a good wave of drones and squall. Unfortunately, big piles of analog gear ain't cheap, especially when all the really fucked up stuff tends to come with boutique prices.

What I'm saying is, if any wealthy ladies out there want to become my noise sugar momma, my DMs are always open. /s
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

I'd just like all of my shit to be operational.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
bigspider
Noise Person

Post by bigspider »

A couple of multitrack reel to reel machines, a (working) Portastudio 424, and a mixer with 4+ sends and a lot of EQ control, preferably parametric mids.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

bigspider wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:47 am A couple of multitrack reel to reel machines, a (working) Portastudio 424, and a mixer with 4+ sends and a lot of EQ control, preferably parametric mids.
I had a porta two which was a predecessor to the portastudio. I have several real to reel decks two although mostly for dubbing tape to digital. Noticed that tascam has a portastudio app.. lol

I can't really imagine going back to tape for tracking tbh.

Like curtis my dream is getting my studio fully operational again.

This includes a 36 channel machine console, 1344 hp of eurorack and 5 full height racks of 19" rackmount av gear.

Also to get my presto record lathe working.
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

crochambeau wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:39 pm I'd just like all of my shit to be operational.
Ain't that the truth.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
bigspider
Noise Person

Post by bigspider »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:41 am
bigspider wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:47 am A couple of multitrack reel to reel machines, a (working) Portastudio 424, and a mixer with 4+ sends and a lot of EQ control, preferably parametric mids.
I had a porta two which was a predecessor to the portastudio. I have several real to reel decks two although mostly for dubbing tape to digital. Noticed that tascam has a portastudio app.. lol

I can't really imagine going back to tape for tracking tbh.

Like curtis my dream is getting my studio fully operational again.

This includes a 36 channel machine console, 1344 hp of eurorack and 5 full height racks of 19" rackmount av gear.

Also to get my presto record lathe working.
Portastudio is to play tape loops/submixer for feedback and tape loops combined. Reel to reels would be in the send of the main mixer, capturing sounds from the channels and looping them. I do this with an Akai right now, always thought it would be incredible to try to do with multiple machines/tracks.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

I'd just like to be able to set up what i've got and leave it set up
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek: