Why my pedal went to sleep in the middle of jam ?

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

timdrage
Noise Artist

Re: Why my pedal went to sleep in the middle of jam ?

Post by timdrage »

Digital pedals often use more power than analog ones

Behringer multi-fx / digital delay etc pedals in my experience just straight up don't work off batteries at all. Use a PSU
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I've got at least one Donner pedal that will not function off a daisychain or dedicated 100mA output on the power brick I own. I have to use one of the 300mA 9V outputs (specifically intended for power-hungry digital effects) on that power brick to get it to work, or else it passes no signal and its LED's flash on and off and make a disconcertingly-loud clicking noise in the process.
JUBOO120MG
Noise Person

Post by JUBOO120MG »

NoiseWiki wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:55 pm Do you have a one spot power adapter.. try at least plugging the behringer into the wall at the very least
I didn't have any 9v adapter with me right now. Will surely check this one out later when the covid end.
xc2xbe dead wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:44 am I've got at least one Donner pedal that will not function off a daisychain or dedicated 100mA output on the power brick I own. I have to use one of the 300mA 9V outputs (specifically intended for power-hungry digital effects) on that power brick to get it to work, or else it passes no signal and its LED's flash on and off and make a disconcertingly-loud clicking noise in the process.
what happened with my Digitech Delay is it goes LED flash on and off and pass no signal as well but it will still made 'wooosh' sound when you turned the knob. Might be some faulty in the electronics. Endup giving that pedal to a friend two years ago. Never heard any complain from her yet as of for now (she play an electric guitar like a normal person do). That's why I suspect it has something to do with noise style of playing.. hence why I started this thread in the first place