Let's help each other to compose FX channels in DAW.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Re: Let's help each other to compose FX channels in DAW.

Post by iNtox-Z »

I would be up for screaming at an iPad for 20 minutes if I had one.

I think touchscreen interfaces being less visceral than turning knobs and slamming buttons, plus the cost of the iPad and apps costing $350, would be a bit of a barrier. But it would be interesting to try.
However, most pedals for one are more expensive, and the iPad has a lot of pedals and many exclusive instruments, for example, granular synthesis, several types, there is an AUM shell, and of course you can connect a midi controller and it will take some time to set up the project but as a result, in terms of variety of sounds, it will surpass 3-4 pedals, for example, in the picture one of the wireless bluetooth midi controllers is used.
There are also touch devices like the TC-11 where you can use the internal modules to customize the original sound.

banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

seems too complete, as if you've already recorded it all.

I want to be more DIY, not less.
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

iNtox-Z wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:25 pm No one seems to be interested in making noise when receiving sound from tablets ... it's a pity.
Recently I was able to purchase two iPads, and learned how to get a very awesome sound, everything is already there to make noise without a lot of additional devices, for example, if you go to the forest or an abandoned house, it’s enough to have a normal bluetooth speaker or even connect an iPad with a wire and enjoy aggressive or experimental sound, of course, I didn’t buy a lot of instruments and effects in the apple store, but what I already have is enough for a full-fledged performance, it sucks that the majority are against digital noise and everyone wants to make canonical pedal noise.

You can do so many unusual things on a tablet, why everyone hates digital so much?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I use Pure Data for making generative noise stuff sometimes for fun, but it's personally much more fun for me to make noise with a massive array of buttons and knobs and switches.

I actually had one of my releases called "Too digital sounding" when the whole thing was recorded with hardware. Most just kind of assume something and run with it.
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

Yeah, I don't hate digital, I just don't like using computers or apps to make noise as much as I like twiddling knobs on dusty junk that emits odd smells.

I've also had a comment about how digital or bent some section sounded, when it was executed on old vacuum tubed equipment.

In terms of sound quality, digital has awesome characteristics that analog cannot touch, but the limitations of analog do not bother me. Most of my digital gear (outside the computer, which is treated as a final stage recorder) is over 20 years old, and shares a lot of the limitations that any old gear "suffers".

I guess that's a long winded way of my saying I do not contribute to this thread because I do not have any experience with the prerequisite technology, but that shouldn't be confused with my hating digital (which is not so).
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

VCV Free EuroRack Modules