Let's help each other to compose FX channels in DAW.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Re: Let's help each other to compose FX channels in DAW.

Post by iNtox-Z »

Full version of Grainstorm
iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

002-x_6d923c84.jpg
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Post by UnderstandDavid »

iNtox-Z wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 pm Nobody wants to help each other, alright ... today i will replenish this topic with new effects, the source for which will be a piezomicrophone.
I don't think it's a question of people not wanting to help one another. As I said in my other post, sharing an effects chain seems pretty pointless. Unless you're actively trying to sound like someone else. That might be useful to newcomers who want to emulate a certain style or sound, but not for a lot of people on here who have experience doing it their own way.

Something else that occurred to me about this idea of sharing effects chains:

- Do you actually KNOW what each plug-in is doing to the sound or WHY you put it there?
- Why are you putting the effects in that specific order?
- Are you recording the automation on each effect individually or all at once?

There are many more questions that arise when I think about this.

It's fun to see how you make your noise and how you use some of the same plug-ins as me, but create a different sound. Unfortunately, it's not very helpful because, as far as I can see, you're just randomly throwing effects together and then manipulating them at random.

What might be more useful could be to describe what each plug-in is doing and why you're using it, e.g. Predatohm, like in your video, is one of my all-time favorite distortion plug-ins and I've used it on a LOT of material over the years. It's become a favourite because of the way it makes high-mids and high-end sounds really screech, but can also make some truly bowel-troubling bass drones and horrific feedback loops without even having an input signal.

I think more people would be inspired by having you explain your process and why you record in the way you do, rather than just seeing your effects chain and then wondering how the hell you made it do all of those things! :lol:
iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

SPACECRAFT VSTi and SPACECRAFT APP for iOS and Android - GRANULAR Synthesis
iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

No one seems to be interested in making noise when receiving sound from tablets ... it's a pity.
Recently I was able to purchase two iPads, and learned how to get a very awesome sound, everything is already there to make noise without a lot of additional devices, for example, if you go to the forest or an abandoned house, it’s enough to have a normal bluetooth speaker or even connect an iPad with a wire and enjoy aggressive or experimental sound, of course, I didn’t buy a lot of instruments and effects in the apple store, but what I already have is enough for a full-fledged performance, it sucks that the majority are against digital noise and everyone wants to make canonical pedal noise.

You can do so many unusual things on a tablet, why everyone hates digital so much?
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

iNtox-Z wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:25 pm No one seems to be interested in making noise when receiving sound from tablets ... it's a pity.
Recently I was able to purchase two iPads, and learned how to get a very awesome sound, everything is already there to make noise without a lot of additional devices, for example, if you go to the forest or an abandoned house, it’s enough to have a normal bluetooth speaker or even connect an iPad with a wire and enjoy aggressive or experimental sound, of course, I didn’t buy a lot of instruments and effects in the apple store, but what I already have is enough for a full-fledged performance, it sucks that the majority are against digital noise and everyone wants to make canonical pedal noise.

You can do so many unusual things on a tablet, why everyone hates digital so much?
I would be up for screaming at an iPad for 20 minutes if I had one.

I think touchscreen interfaces being less visceral than turning knobs and slamming buttons, plus the cost of the iPad and apps costing $350, would be a bit of a barrier. But it would be interesting to try.