Noise lair, synth dungeon, bedroom, shop, lab, etc.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

BPJ
Noiser

Re: Noise lair, synth dungeon, bedroom, shop, lab, etc.

Post by BPJ »

Could also work. I was wondering about your space, it looks like a garage or shed type of a deal.
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

BPJ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:53 am Could also work. I was wondering about your space, it looks like a garage or shed type of a deal.
My current space occupies a former master bedroom that itself was a built out garage. Long term plans involve me moving it out to a purpose built studio/shop not attached to the house and converting this space into a kitchen, but I suffer a bit from the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

Another thing that strikes me as cool, but I have not the wall space for, are angled down shelves with a lip at front to keep pedals/etc. from sliding off.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
PortiaPorcupineFan
Noise Person

Post by PortiaPorcupineFan »

NoiseTable.jpg
Dedicated Noise station....that doesn't see much action. LOL

Kind of odd. Oh, well.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I like that people are popping in lately...
Noise School Reunion!

Really wish I had room to set my pedals up permanently. Right now, I have to use them on the floor, which would be fine, except that I have to put them up every time because it's a high traffic area where I can't just leave crap lying around.

I do somewhat miss sitting on the floor surrounded by a nest of junk, mics, pedals, tape recorders, etc. while snuggled up in a nice fluffy blanket. Very cozy, even while recalling what a dark, addled state of mind I was in at the time. :)
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

people are popping in
it's like a train station.

I just live in my bedroom (in my bed really), and all my gear is in the room. will take a photo soon.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

talking about dungeons... do you ever think about getting a pin up / n00d in the form of a magic eye poster, so you can excuse it easily :deadbanana:
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

drift wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:02 am talking about dungeons... do you ever think about getting a pin up / n00d in the form of a magic eye poster, so you can excuse it easily :deadbanana:
No, not once ever. But I like the way you think.

I stay in my room as well. I think I might only ever leave it for food if I had an en suite bathroom. That is the dream!
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

420 posts, man...
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

drift wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:02 am talking about dungeons... do you ever think about getting a pin up / n00d in the form of a magic eye poster, so you can excuse it easily :deadbanana:
Magic eye as in single image stereograph? I've seen one nude torso rendered in SIS, and because the 3D element that drives the image map shift was itself computer generated the result was as far removed from erotic as I can imagine.

I'd much rather have a wall of analog type TV static running on hanging screens so I could hallucinate whatever I like - if I had the wall space for such area heaters.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

crochambeau wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:03 pm
Magic eye as in single image stereograph? I've seen one nude torso rendered in SIS, and because the 3D element that drives the image map shift was itself computer generated the result was as far removed from erotic as I can imagine.

I'd much rather have a wall of analog type TV static running on hanging screens so I could hallucinate whatever I like - if I had the wall space for such area heaters.
ha yeah.

I bet you've never evens seen a real swastika. lol