Noise lair, synth dungeon, bedroom, shop, lab, etc.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Noise lair, synth dungeon, bedroom, shop, lab, etc.

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:04 am Be careful -aware- posting noise with kids as some highminded dogooder could accuse you or suggest what you did is child abuse...like I was when I posted a recording of my then girlfriends kid screaming and of course the goof that said that is long gone from noise.
Heh there was time that BRR threatened to report ctephin to child services because of some questionable release title although considering what a scumbag ctephin is they probably would have found something
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:26 am
RUBBISH wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:04 am Be careful -aware- posting noise with kids as some highminded dogooder could accuse you or suggest what you did is child abuse...like I was when I posted a recording of my then girlfriends kid screaming and of course the goof that said that is long gone from noise.
Heh there was time that BRR threatened to report ctephin to child services because of some questionable release title although considering what a scumbag ctephin is they probably would have found something

Off topic...that butthole. I had a couple...3...releases on his net label that are now lost. I do have the original files somewhere(I hope) in a pile of 1000 or more data discs. I hate junkies.
Last heard he was in rehab and wouldn't even talk to me.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Soloman Tump wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:35 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am
The Mysterious Creep wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 am Introduce your children to noise at a young age so they don't grow up to be bellends with no understanding of subjectivity. It's your moral imperative.
It's my theory that children are born with a predisposition towards "noise" since they hear "noise" inside the womb and they sell noise machines to help them sleep.. I even use one to help me sleep.. lots of people do including ones not into "noise"
But babies also listen to the mother's heartbeat and the external rhythms of life....
Well who doesn't like a good beat
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

Not enough eye candy on this page.
binlabs_north.JPG
Viewed 1389 times
I spent enough time with the Roland D-110 yesterday to digest the topology, and today it went into its system reset every ten seconds thing which is why it has been relegated to a storage rack for the past 15 years. The thing is, having finally internalized its structure, I kind of love the fucking thing, so it's guts up on the bench at left awaiting troubleshooting.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

crochambeau wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 am Not enough eye candy on this page.

I spent enough time with the Roland D-110 yesterday to digest the topology, and today it went into its system reset every ten seconds thing which is why it has been relegated to a storage rack for the past 15 years. The thing is, having finally internalized its structure, I kind of love the fucking thing, so it's guts up on the bench at left awaiting troubleshooting.
Well that's the cleanest I have ever seen your studio.. I still have alot of work to do. I built a set of shelves but I need to build at least 3 more and still get rid of a bunch of shit.. plus I have a 4x5 enlarger on the way so I dunno where the fuck that's gonna go.
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:38 am Well that's the cleanest I have ever seen your studio..
It's the cleanest it has ever been.

I have been observing myself over the past couple years with respect to RMA productivity, and it has become apparent that I don't get much done when clutter passes a certain point. So I've been trying hard to organize everything, so, here's hoping that's a solid fix.

Life balance with hoarder tendencies, the eternal struggle.
NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:38 am I have a 4x5 enlarger on the way so I dunno where the fuck that's gonna go.
Wow, I am in a way extremely jealous. Ousting the darkroom was one of the first things I did (over 20 years ago), and I do miss it. Working with a larger format would be crazy fun, but it's safely out of reach for me for numerous reasons. Thankfully digital realm stuff sort of scratches that itch. Have fun with that!

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

crochambeau wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:58 am Wow, I am in a way extremely jealous. Ousting the darkroom was one of the first things I did (over 20 years ago), and I do miss it. Working with a larger format would be crazy fun, but it's safely out of reach for me for numerous reasons. Thankfully digital realm stuff sort of scratches that itch. Have fun with that!
Well you can listen to me bitch about how going this route is a pain in the ass and maybe that'll solve the jealousy!

What got me going was looking at my photo from my first year in art skool.

I started to scratch the itch by modifying a polaroid to be a pinhole camera.. then I decided I wanted to shoot using 120 film for the larger negative. Also the delay involved and sending out film to get developed pushed me into doing it myself and well the next step is an enlarger.

I also bought a Fujifilm gx680 II which is proving to be a pain in the ass and I gotta drive an hour to Upland to the nearest place that has any clue how to diagnose and hopefully fix it. :viking:
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

Good luck with the repair!

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

On the left the shelves are fucking missing because every stupid fucking home depot in the valley either does not have the plywood i want or their saw is broken. I'd cut it myself but I can't move a full sheet of plywood with my jeep. Maybe I could bring my cordless buzzsaw and cut the shit in the parking lot? Was hoping for nice straight cuts though.

20200912_124009.jpg
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

crochambeau wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 am Not enough eye candy on this page.

Woof. I sure hope that room is waiting for me when the evacuation lifts. lucky
NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:50 pm Maybe I could bring my cordless buzzsaw and cut the shit in the parking lot? Was hoping for nice straight cuts though.
You can clamp some angle iron/metal and use that as a fence to cut along.

Furthermore, screwing some angle onto the face edge of the shelf will prevent sag (except in extreme cases) and cover up any inconsistent cuts.

Fuck Home Depot, find yourself a nice locally owned lumber shop if possible. They will usually have working tools because they have to in order to continue existing.