Noise lair, synth dungeon, bedroom, shop, lab, etc.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

FAP
Merzwow

Re: Noise lair, synth dungeon, bedroom, shop, lab, etc.

Post by FAP »

A MEW CAN BE MADE
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

^Not a very good one, unfortunately.

Anyway, I have always fancied MIDI sound modules. I've said it in the past, but I used to fantasize about having a huge rack of them with the goal of having a zillion timbres at my fingertips. Priorities change, but it's still a cool idea to me. Anyway, ever since I fried the first AG-10 I bought, I have become a bit obsessed with hoarding them:
In truth, I only own three now, including the one I bricked and now use as a pretty but almost functionally worthless riser for other gear).

I still haven't figured out how to get under the hood and really modify the sounds with modern PC/DAW software, and the manual isn't hugely informative (or else I just don't glean much in my general ignorance). Apparently some ancient sound editing software exists, though?

Regardless, I still have a major soft spot for bread-and-butter GM modules. Definitely a nostalgia thing. Makes me feel inspired to attempt writing morbid Neoclassical pop songs a la David E. Williams.

Eventually, I need to take a photo of all three modules together.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

PS: I think I meant to post this in the "Exciting gear photos" thread! :?

PPS: I fucking quoted myself again. I've realized it's because I tend to edit posts after logging out, and don't pay attention to the fact that the quote button is the only one that appears while logged out.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

crochambeau wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:34 pm
Soloman Tump wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm Parenting: mainly great with frustrating bits

Making noise: Mainly great with frustrating bits

Trying to do both at the same time in lockdown: hell on earth
Can confirm.

There also comes a sick delight when the next generation gets excited about certain facets of sound as medium...

I added a pickup mic to their bongo drums with some pedals - distortion, echo and fuzz. I let them play around for a while which was fun. Youngest just turned 3 but he definitely seems more keen on rhythm and dancing about than his elder brother ever has.

Perhaps a new thread: Noise with children
(Justice Yeldham streamed a noise duet with his kid last week, which was fun to watch)
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

Soloman Tump wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:44 am
crochambeau wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:34 pm
Can confirm.

There also comes a sick delight when the next generation gets excited about certain facets of sound as medium...

I added a pickup mic to their bongo drums with some pedals - distortion, echo and fuzz. I let them play around for a while which was fun. Youngest just turned 3 but he definitely seems more keen on rhythm and dancing about than his elder brother ever has.

Perhaps a new thread: Noise with children
(Justice Yeldham streamed a noise duet with his kid last week, which was fun to watch)
Introduce your children to noise at a young age so they don't grow up to be bellends with no understanding of subjectivity. It's your moral imperative.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 am Introduce your children to noise at a young age so they don't grow up to be bellends with no understanding of subjectivity. It's your moral imperative.
It's my theory that children are born with a predisposition towards "noise" since they hear "noise" inside the womb and they sell noise machines to help them sleep.. I even use one to help me sleep.. lots of people do including ones not into "noise"
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am
The Mysterious Creep wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 am Introduce your children to noise at a young age so they don't grow up to be bellends with no understanding of subjectivity. It's your moral imperative.
It's my theory that children are born with a predisposition towards "noise" since they hear "noise" inside the womb and they sell noise machines to help them sleep.. I even use one to help me sleep.. lots of people do including ones not into "noise"
But babies also listen to the mother's heartbeat and the external rhythms of life....
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Be careful -aware- posting noise with kids as some highminded dogooder could accuse you or suggest what you did is child abuse...like I was when I posted a recording of my then girlfriends kid screaming and of course the goof that said that is long gone from noise.

Do check out...
Nervous Gender live at target for thier kid drummer
One of the 2 or 3 peach of immortality vids from the 1980s has a little girl on stage screaming
Then there is the punk band Eater that had a 10 year old drummer...and I think there's a few videos of that not to mention the all kid punk band Old Skull

But yeah put those rugrats to work entertaining us!
place holder
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Check HAQ123
They were 9 and 11 whey they started this death metal project... nut

And this was last summer when I saw them... a little more grown up at 11 and 13 years old haha

FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:04 am Nervous Gender live at target for thier kid drummer

Well Ixe2x80x99ll be.