Pocket Operators?

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

Rabbit Girls
Noiser

Pocket Operators?

Post by Rabbit Girls »

I know a lot of people hate the things, but has anyone explored using Pocket Operators for noise? They are fairly cheap and seem like they may have at least some potential maybe, especially the Speak. At least for me, the fact you can load or record your own sounds to it is the key.
"His possessions multiplied, and he began to suffocate."
https://rabbitgirls.bandcamp.com
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Pocket Operators?

Post by NoiseWiki »

Rabbit Girls wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:01 pm I know a lot of people hate the things, but has anyone explored using Pocket Operators for noise? They are fairly cheap and seem like they may have at least some potential maybe, especially the Speak. At least for me, the fact you can load or record your own sounds to it is the key.
I have a few of these but I wasn't planning to use noise per se. Didn't know that they had one that had a way to load your own sounds... that'd be cool and way better than just running it through effects for noise.
Rabbit Girls
Noiser

Post by Rabbit Girls »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:10 am Didn't know that they had one that had a way to load your own sounds...
Apparently the only ones that sample are the Speak and the K.O. I just got a Speak and already can tell its got some serious potential. From the demos I've watched the K.O. is also really nice. It's basically a very small but powerful sampler with onboard effects. Great for vocal samples and field recordings.

The other ones all seemed really geared to techno and beat driven stuff. But like with almost all audio equipment, it's all in how you use it.
"His possessions multiplied, and he began to suffocate."
https://rabbitgirls.bandcamp.com
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Rabbit Girls wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:12 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:10 am Didn't know that they had one that had a way to load your own sounds...
Apparently the only ones that sample are the Speak and the K.O. I just got a Speak and already can tell its got some serious potential. From the demos I've watched the K.O. is also really nice. It's basically a very small but powerful sampler with onboard effects. Great for vocal samples and field recordings.

The other ones all seemed really geared to techno and beat driven stuff. But like with almost all audio equipment, it's all in how you use it.
I'll have to check that out but I already have more gear than I could probably fully explore in a lifetime. Still need to get back to work on setting shit up in my noise cave