Recent Acquisitions

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Recent Acquisitions

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:00 pm
crochambeau wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:41 pm
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:43 pm Trivia Nights find today...$250
(I have no idea so can't answer questions)
$250 for an MG1 is a screaming deal these days.

That phone is cool too, does it need a battery supply or does it self generate?
These are trivia nights auction finds and I do harass him to post here as he is very knowledgeable about gear and old electronics.
(When I get my finances in order I'm gonna be going to auctions with him)
I'm not sure what the phone is capable of but it was only a few dollars!
Whenever I get my basement set up there will be more info and video examples!
I had access to one of those my first year in college.. pretty fun and a steal at $250 .. looks to be in hood condition although I guess they have some typical issues
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

bought a used happy needing tritone. I don't like the attack on the overdrive that much, a bit muffled, but everyone loves eq's and its pretty versatile on those terms.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Neat MG-1. >_>

I bought a Fart Pedal because I have no self respect. I had a moment to try it out before work, running it through a knock-off black Russian Big Muff soundalike, and it seems like a promising sound source in all truth.

I wanted to hear it running through a BeeBaa fuzz but I couldn't be fucked to find a suitable patch cable on such short notice.
Phogmasheeen
Noiser

Post by Phogmasheeen »

I have an ESQ-1. Nice Filters on that. It has a stylish sound and touch sensitive keyboard...
Not a team player. Doesn't take unsolicited advice. Otherwise charming...
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I really enjoy Ensoniq gear. I got an SQ-R Plus rack not long ago myself... Not as full-featured as the ESQ range, but still has some lovely presets and overall character.

Need to stop being a lazy drunk blob on the weekends, replace the battery in it and get it wired into the audio/MIDI Borg ecosystem. I hate having stuff like this and not being able to use it practically, but I'd really need to gut my whole entire setup and build back up from scratch to get it done right.
crochambeau
Merzwow

Post by crochambeau »

¾ dead wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:21 am I really enjoy Ensoniq gear. I got an SQ-R Plus rack not long ago myself... Not as full-featured as the ESQ range, but still has some lovely presets and overall character.

Need to stop being a lazy drunk blob on the weekends, replace the battery in it and get it wired into the audio/MIDI Borg ecosystem. I hate having stuff like this and not being able to use it practically, but I'd really need to gut my whole entire setup and build back up from scratch to get it done right.
I highly recommend a MIDI patchbay/switcher if you don't already have one. I sold off my first growing MIDI studio because I was having to restring MIDI cables every time I changed operation, and it was a big buzzkill for creativity. Something simple and "dumb" (non=programmable) like Kawai MAV-8 or JL Cooper Nexus can be a life saver.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

crochambeau wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:40 amI highly recommend a MIDI patchbay/switcher if you don't already have one. I sold off my first growing MIDI studio because I was having to restring MIDI cables every time I changed operation, and it was a big buzzkill for creativity. Something simple and "dumb" (non=programmable) like Kawai MAV-8 or JL Cooper Nexus can be a life saver.
Oh, yes... MIDI routing with lots of gear has been an issue for a long time for me as well. I ended up finding a used ESI M8U EX, which seems like a very elegant, modern solution to a lot of common problems. Considering the state of things, I've yet to really run it through its paces, but I think t'll serve me very well.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Worth the price of admission for the Disco rhythms alone.
Yes, I do floss at my computer. Does anything about me shock anymore?
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

I bought a DIY looper pedal from Finland, with distortion and pitch control. It's noisy as hell, unpredictable and I love it. First new gear I've bought in ages, but the looper was the thing I've been missing / craving.
IMG20220404135124.jpg
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I finally caught all the Pokemons. Some lovely aromas outgassing from this one:
I haven't even plugged it in yet. :doh: It's too late in the evening to hunt down an open outlet right now. If I don't die in a horrendous road accident or some sort of workplace SOOOOIE'cide via a MUTILATION-FREE belt in a bathroom stall, then tomorrow afternoon!