Electro Lobotomy Instruments

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Re: Electro Lobotomy Instruments

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z_NOiZe_System_ProtocoL.jpg
iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Post by iNtox-Z »

The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

iNtox-Z wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:34 pm
The Mysterious Creep wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:36 am
iNtox-Z wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm Got next two apparatus from Electro Lobotomy, Particle Smasher & Cut Up Mixer.
That Particle Smasher looks insane, did you buy it like that or was it a custom job? As far as I knew, every Electro Lobotomy pedal was just stock brushed aluminum (considering buying a Particle Smasher myself).
At first i asked the seller to make a template from a regular sheet and draw a pencil around all the holes on the lid, otherwise i would have had very difficult time. Then i created this drawing from one photo in Photoshop and made holes in the photo according to the template, after which i glued and screwed back the knobs. I will redo it, because i didn't make it very well and this is a glossy photo, i will take a matte photo so that it does not shine in the light.
You can also ask the seller to put other knobs or ask them to make a matte black case instead of an aluminum case.
Cool stuff. I don't think I'd take the black housing over the aluminum, though, I think the brushed aluminum look is cool. Very IED-looking. I once briefly imagined a project that only used DIY pedals and other gear available in those blank brushed aluminum housings for a uniformity of appearance, since it seems like a common thing among makers of DIY electronics, but starting a project working backwards from the aesthetic is a bit silly, isn't it?
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair