Pedal Zone

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

Pigswill
Noise Artist

Re: Pedal Zone

Post by Pigswill »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:13 pm Image

I don't actually own this thing, but the guitarist in my Noisecore band does. It is truly hideous. Dimed, it does to guitars what the infamous Death Metal does to non-guitar sources. Crunchy as shit. My guitarist friend calls it the "broken windows" tone.
I sometimes forget that I still own one of these things. I think I got it 10 years ago for $15 (if the ripped sticker is any indicator). Mine has a busted switch. You have to slam the damn thing half a dozen times to get it to turn on or off. I'd consider fixing it up, but I don't think I ever got a decent sound out of it. It's basically like adding static to whatever source you plug in. Though, it's been a while, so maybe I'll have to try it again.
20200923_184453.jpg
Viewed 590 times
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I've only used about 3-4 of the ToneLok pedals and eventually sold them, but I sometimes miss them... That said, I never quite knew what to make of the "Lofi" LF7. The CF7 was really cool, but I disliked how it totally sucked all the volume and brightness from signals in certain modes.

The one I think about getting again most often is the FZ7. Just a really cool, brittle sort of "velcro" fuzz. I miss that one the most!
---
I really hate this era of bored, no-life Youtube taste makers making all the "shitty" old pedals that everyone used to hate so expensive now. I know that's something I harp on a lot, but god damn. It sucks being able to actually buy back all the stuff I sold or traded over the years, only to see how inflated some of the prices are today, all because some fucking "youtuber" whipping investor assholes and Instagram whores into a frenzy.

I'm not saying the prices on these pedals in particular are especially outrageous, but they've certainly gone up from just a few years ago... And who is even talking about/hyping this shit, other than those same "influencers" on social media? I hate them.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I had too much to drink yesterday and ordered a guitar. I don't know who I am anymore... In truth, I've been thinking about finally buying a decent, playable one for a while now. What's cool is it was already at my door when I got home from work just a little while ago... I wasn't really expecting that. Thank you, zZounds...

Anyway, it's a cheap ~$200 guitar, yet it's probably still the nicest, most playable guitar I've ever owned and used. It's a major improvement over my Synsonics Terminator, as fond of that horrible POS as I am. I like this one and chose it over a few other options mainly because it's a pretty green color.

Anyway, I am excited to finally have a better guitar for textural noodling with my modular+pedals. I also got a Boss RPS-10 PS/Delay a few weeks back. I'm looking forward to hooking up all my newer pedals (the RPS-10, PS-2, PS-3, other crap) to make some atrocious Cocteau Twins-meets-Teenage Jesus & the Jerks sounds. rockon