Pedal Zone

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Pedal Zone

Post by WhiteWarlock »

Best in his opinion^
Prove him wrong!
Show us your favorite & custom pedals...
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Digitech PDS1002 Manual/Schematic

Post by WhiteWarlock »

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Digitech PDS1002 Manual/Schematic

Post by NoiseWiki »

WhiteWarlock wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:19 am Image
I have to say that digitech and these pedals and the time machine definitely got me hooked on making electronic and loop based music and noise
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Re: Digitech PDS1002 Manual/Schematic

Post by WhiteWarlock »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:40 am I have to say that digitech and these pedals and the time machine definitely got me hooked on making electronic and loop based music and noise
timemachinead.jpeg
Viewed 1944 times
likewise...
Eye have multiple Digitech RDS Time Machine racks...
because of this pedal...
irony is the PDS8000(should be 4 times better right???) doesn't have same feel for me as PDS1002
yet "some old 80s Chicago scene noise dude friend" gave me PDS1002 & told me "you have to promise me you will use this"
He was going through serious health problems destroying his life...
& thus have used it for years since early mid 90s...
brought it back from the dead more times than recall now...
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Re: Pedal Zone

Post by WhiteWarlock »

s-l500.jpg
Viewed 1944 times

Free Pedal Day!
Finally got it...
was actually newer Boss SD1 Super Overdrive...

sd1_01.jpg
Viewed 1943 times
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

The "Hachihachi shiki kebadate hizumaseki SUPER OSCILLO FUZZ" (88) is a fuzz distortion pedal with it's own internal oscillation system. Using a combination of it's six switches, many different kinds of distortion can be chosen.

However, the main feature of this pedal is the huge variety of oscillations that can be chosen by using any combination of these six switches. The 88 can make an almost unlimited variety of fuzz distortion and oscillation sounds. This is a "SUPER" OSCILLO FUZZ!!

The design motif for this pedal is based on Japanese WW2 "Zero" fighter planes. Our previous pedals are also based on the old naming traditions and designs of Japanese planes. Our previous models are the "Hachi roku" (the 86) and the "Hachi nana" (the 87). The meaning of this pedal? "Hachihachi shiki"(Type 88), "kebadate" (fuzz) "hizumase" (distortion) and "ki" (machine). So the name translated into English means "FUZZ DISTORTION PEDAL TYPE 88".

image.jpg
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I finally pulled the trigger on this thing about a month ago:

I initially found it looking for a hardware approximation of the NaiveLPF VST. Anyway, it's obviously not as tweakable as that VST (no fine tuning of the attack/decay on the sweep to get the garbled, liquid-y squiggle that I was seeking. Certainly not without an external exp. pedal on this version, anyway), but it's still pretty great. What it excels at is Synthi-esque, warping/bweeoop-bweeoop/vinyl-scratch sounds. Basically Merzbow in a box in that respect. It definitely can achieve some of the liquid, gurgling effects I wanted, but they're a bit more difficult to dial in.

I'm quite satisfied with it. Certainly the best filter I've ever owned up to this point. Still want a Filterbank, though. :mrgreen:
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

digitech-bass-synth-wah-l.jpg
Viewed 1953 times
This little green bastard is probably my favorite pedal I've bought. It just does so much. Pretty much all the modes react wildly differently and they all do something good. Dimed, the Envelope filter settings turn heavily distorted guitars into blasts of rattling static (which I abuse heavily in my Skullflower/Solmania/Li Jianhong ripoff "deconstructed acid rock" jams), so I use that setting alot. All the synth ones pulse and splatter and screech in feedback loops as well as providing cool texture blended into my mobile phone synthesizers. I still feel like I've only just begun to explore this thing. The only thing that could make it better was if I could turn off the envelope and just use it as a filter as well.
ibanez sm7 pedal.jpg
Viewed 1953 times
I don't actually own this thing, but the guitarist in my Noisecore band does. It is truly hideous. Dimed, it does to guitars what the infamous Death Metal does to non-guitar sources. Crunchy as shit. My guitarist friend calls it the "broken windows" tone.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

After many, many years of lusting after them, I finally bought a Boss PS-2 and PS-3.

I wanted the PS-2 partly for it's connection to the band Slowdive (now I can insert "that Slowdive sound" into my noise!), but also because of this video*:

(I just Googled "circuit bent boss ps-2" to find the video again, and there's a Reverb listing for that exact bend that sold for ~$600 with shipping. dizzy
Person was a fool to sell it.

I wanted the PS-3 because it's an ultimately superior and more usable pedal with really nice pitched delay functions. I kind of want two... of each. I'd like to use two PS-3's in unison, and to try bending one PS-2 and keeping one stock.

*Speaking of youtube videos inspiring long-simmering gear obsessions/purchases, I've wanted an Eventide Orville for years as well, all because of this only-plays-$3K-quilted-finish-guitars guy's Steve Vai interpretation:

I've watched that video about fifty times over the years. But I know that, even if I saved up for one, I wouldn't be able to put it to any good use... cry
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

xc2xbe dead wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 pm After many, many years of lusting after them, I finally bought a Boss PS-2 and PS-3.

I wanted the PS-2 partly for it's connection to the band Slowdive (now I can insert "that Slowdive sound" into my noise!), but also because of this video*:

(I just Googled "circuit bent boss ps-2" to find the video again, and there's a Reverb listing for that exact bend that sold for ~$600 with shipping. dizzy
Person was a fool to sell it.

I wanted the PS-3 because it's an ultimately superior and more usable pedal with really nice pitched delay functions. I kind of want two... of each. I'd like to use two PS-3's in unison, and to try bending one PS-2 and keeping one stock.
Fuck.. I should get back into bending.. lol.. doh