Gear Wanted/Searching...

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: A tendency to purchase more equipment than justified by usage and/or price.

Moderator: Modulators

WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Re: Gear Wanted/Searching...

Post by WhiteWarlock »

melko wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:18 am Some goodies I wouldn't mind having...
Eye have "The MTI Echo Machine" version of this same tape echo...
it uses 8 track tapes in the back..
same design...
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

melko wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:18 am Some goodies I wouldn't mind having...
Eye have "The MTI Echo Machine" version of this same tape echo...
it uses 8 track tapes in the back..
same circuit design... different knobs & faceplate printing...
That is sitting on top of the Otari MX5050 Mark IV meters right now with the Korg X911....
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

NoiseWiki wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:39 am
WhiteWarlock wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:31 am Image
DOD FX13 Gonkulator RingMod Pedal...
XGF has one she paid under $100 for it brand new in box way back when came out...
Awesome pedal for experimental/noise...
~drool~
Always thought the general consensus on this pedal was that it was vastly overrated. It basically a ring mod and it doesn't even come with a jack for external modulation. I think I still have one.. may have put one in the Xdugef Engine.. which also contains a Buzzbox.. lol
Sure the fuck hope this isn't for "supposed to be" for guitar...
not sure about "general consensus" yet basing it hands on smokey past experiences...
actually shocked this Gonkulator is so fucking much on ebay anymore when went for snagging one...
"Need" looking at the schematic for making mutation between this & EHX Frequency Analyzer(8038 internal LFO)
melko
Noiser

Post by melko »

WhiteWarlock wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:29 am Eye have "The MTI Echo Machine" version of this same tape echo...
This is useful, I'll be on the lookout for MTIs too then. Thanks.
BTW, what's the max delay time on that thing?
I have a Tesla Studioecho-A and waiting to pick up a Beag AKX200, but both have pretty short delay times more suitable for reverb-like FX.
I was under the impression that Guyatone's design can do longer times, since you can really slow down the tape.

Became kind of obsessed with vintage BBD and tape units lately... so also on want list: Yamaha E1010 & Ibanez AD202.
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

moved post for Schematics...
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

melko wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:02 pm
WhiteWarlock wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:29 am Eye have "The MTI Echo Machine" version of this same tape echo...
This is useful, I'll be on the lookout for MTIs too then. Thanks.
BTW, what's the max delay time on that thing?
I have a Tesla Studioecho-A and waiting to pick up a Beag AKX200, but both have pretty short delay times more suitable for reverb-like FX.
I was under the impression that Guyatone's design can do longer times, since you can really slow down the tape.

Became kind of obsessed with vintage BBD and tape units lately... so also on want list: Yamaha E1010 & Ibanez AD202.
Doubtful you will ever find the MTI Echo Machine since it's sort of absurdly obscure strange beast... the rarest of that design
got mine years ago DOA... should turn it on soon for attempig recording with... increased the echo time...
yet it gets quiet low volume in 1-4 seconds range at slower motor speeds... good for cranking tape feedback knob... changing speed
sooooooooooooo much easier just using analog BBD delays... those 8track style tape machines a fucking finicky bastards
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

WhiteWarlock wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:39 am
XGF has one she paid under $100 for it brand new in box way back when came out...
~drool~
Always thought the general consensus on this pedal was that it was vastly overrated. It basically a ring mod and it doesn't even come with a jack for external modulation. I think I still have one.. may have put one in the Xdugef Engine.. which also contains a Buzzbox.. lol
Sure the fuck hope this isn't for "supposed to be" for guitar...
not sure about "general consensus" yet basing it hands on smokey past experiences...
actually shocked this Gonkulator is so fucking much on ebay anymore when went for snagging one...
"Need" looking at the schematic for making mutation between this & EHX Frequency Analyzer(8038 internal LFO)
To be fair I haven't used it in awhile .. but I have many ring mods and it would seem it only fetches the price due to being sorta rare .. i guess. I've noticed a few pieces of not all that great gear I own many pieces that I got for cheap with really high asking prices recently. May take advantage soon. Lol
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

sort of in the same boat... got so much gear cheap or DOA...
probably need starting the thread of what neglected gear needs some appreciation/attention...
then use it on new batch recordings...
and/or then dump it on ebay for more Eurorack modules fund... condensing....
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

crochambeau wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:13 pm
WhiteWarlock wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:21 pm Hex pickups can be bitch finding for some older gear...
Yeah, I have half a mind to just rewind a single coil bridge pickup (I rarely use that position) to provide the six discrete outputs. Then it's just a matter of piping in the appropriate connectors, etc.

Another option is to punch some old Hammond organ single pole pickups into a cheap body and just use that for synth - but those things are like three inches long.

I shouldn't complain though, 20 years ago I'd have a list a mile long regarding shit I want, and now I just want to fix/update some of the broken shit I have.
So searched for the original Box around here...
turns out the hexaphonic pickup used for Avatar is from an old Win3.11 Win95 GVOX system....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GVOX-Guitar-Fe ... SwbRlc~Fd1
the one at that link didn't sell back in December^
sometimes you can find them super inexpensive then do your mod w/pickup
maybe send them message & make an offer for that "Obsolete" Gvox Hexaphonic Pickup
$10 plus shipping???
had it just laying around in the box...
figured may as well try using pickup...
fully functional with Avatar!
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

~drool~
ordered MC1496 modulator/demodular IC at the heart of Gonkulator for designing new Ringmod Pedal/Module...