I built myself a 19" rack.

Tutorials, tools, techniques, methodologies......

Moderator: Modulators

BPJ
Noiser

I built myself a 19" rack.

Post by BPJ »

I fuckin' hate working with wood, but it came out pretty OK, despite all the screw tips sticking out the side. Just makes it more cool.
20211104_200058.jpg
crochambeau
Merzwow

Re: I built myself a 19" rack.

Post by crochambeau »

That rack looks like a joy to use. I must admit I'm somewhat curious about the EMU samplers, probably have to wait out a situation first, since they've enjoyed the vintage gear value inflation.

:rockon:
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

I won't lie, I'm fairly proud of the collection. It's all stuff I waited for a good price on. The Q I got for a little under €700. Everything was bought for a purpose. Now I need to find some way to have easy access to my desktop gear, the Mackie 16.8 takes up nearly my entire desk.

EDIT: Also, the Emu is really cool, if you can get the SD card thing working. It has a super cool filter and resampling in it makes everything sound better.
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Really nice! Got any ventilation in it? It looks like it would run hot if you filled it all up
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

The ventilation is the room. It's cold as shit in here, old part of an old house, and catches wind from three of the four walls. I'm going to install inlet / outlet fans during the next while maybe, and have access to the MIDI and audio jacks in a panel at the top. It's still a work in progress, but the most boring bit is finished.