Fender amp foot switch wiring

Tutorials, tools, techniques, methodologies......

Moderator: Modulators

FAP
Merzwow

Fender amp foot switch wiring

Post by FAP »

I’m repairing pic related for work and I need to know: is reverb ring+sleeve or tip+sleeve? I assume it’s the former but I honestly didn’t even know amps had foot switches until today. Both switches are simple make/breaks.
4A1C926A-6D17-4315-943C-8FE9A4C18C82.jpeg
Viewed 834 times
crochambeau
Merzwow

Re: Fender amp foot switch wiring

Post by crochambeau »

Is it so broken that you are unable to measure continuity and know without a shadow of a doubt how it was wired?

I ask because nothing is standardized.
When in doubt, add resistance.

http://www.rochambeau.net/
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I once bought a similar pedal but for a Peavey .. not sure why.. Anyway a woman dressed as a gypsy stole it out of my mailbox and used the box as a pillow. I had seen here pushing her cart up the road to my place at the time which was fairly unusual to see snyone on foot. She helped herself to a bunch of mail and then broke into a laundry room to spend the night. The homeowner found her and chased her away and came by address since it was on the box to tell me what had happened
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

FAP wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:05 pm I’m repairing pic related for work and I need to know: is reverb ring+sleeve or tip+sleeve? I assume it’s the former but I honestly didn’t even know amps had foot switches until today. Both switches are simple make/breaks.Image
Make and model of the amp?
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

crochambeau wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:30 pm Is it so broken that you are unable to measure continuity and know without a shadow of a doubt how it was wired?

I ask because nothing is standardized.
See, that’s the impression I’m getting: I just don’t want to give this back to whoever sent it in just to have them send it back because reverb toggles vibrato/vibrato toggles reverb. I’m basically taking a 50-50 gamble.

I’ll take another look at my notes; unfortunately I didn’t snap a pic of the original wiring, but I might’ve made a note of it.

@indeterminacy
I only have the foot switch to work off of: all I know about the amp is it has to be a Fender amp.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Issue was resolved: for future reference, this is a switch for a Fender Twin and reverb is indeed ring+sleeve.