feedback looper questions

Tutorials, tools, techniques, methodologies......

Moderator: Modulators

FAP
Merzwow

Re: feedback looper questions

Post by FAP »

Thanks for the input.

This project started out as an effort to salvage a cheap pedal, and at this point I have to seriously consider whether or not I want to spend any more time/$ on dressing up this pig.

I think the most likely issue is a combination of the enclosure being used as signal ground and general crosstalk; Ideally I’d rebuild the thing from scratch, but the whole point of this project was to re-use the enclosure so again, not sure if I’ll continue this or not.

I have another project like this that I’d basically need to do from scratch as well; I’m on the fence about whether or not to jump into a line selector-oriented period of DIY work when I’ve got other fish to fry…
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Update: I completely tore-down & rebuilt this thing from scratch, this time adding a thin piece of perfboard to connect the signal grounds. I also redrew the schematic to space the in/return and out/send lines as far away from each other as possible, in addition to minimizing parallel crossings and upgrading to some slightly higher quality jacks.

The result? While there’s still some signal bleed, it only really applies when both fx loops are occupied by high-gain pedals. So it’s not perfect but I’d call it a net-win overall. No pictures this time since nothing much changed cosmetically; not particularly inclined to reopen the thing for a gut shot, either.
amishrobots
Noiser

Post by amishrobots »

Attachments
FBL2023.png
Viewed 421 times