Random dreams

Random forum is random

Moderator: Modulators

¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Random dreams

Post by ¾ dead »

I dreamt one of my dead cats jumped into bed while I was snuggling with his brother. It seemed so real. He just materialized. Like, he wasn't there one moment, then he jumped into the bed with a playful pounce onto his brother's back. At first, I didn't recognize him because I saw him jump into view from behind with the back of his head towards me. But when I realized it was him, I just thought it was essentially something like a miracle or some android-Frankenstein/Pet Sematary scenario. It seemed so real and so sudden, I was at a loss for any feeling but the most intense joy. I even convinced myself it wasn't possible that I was dreaming because it was so vivid. I couldn't explain how it had happened. I was just happy that he came back. Then I woke up.

Fuck that for being the start to my Monday. Feeling depressed and going through fucked up weekend-binge withdrawals. I'm reaching a sober baseline now WRT the latter, but I'm still sad and agitated over what a cruel dream that was. Fucking melatonin...
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I don't recall much but actually had a vivid dream last night.. it involved alot of av gear
drift
Merzfinity

Post by drift »

had a short sleep paralysis dream where I was asleep and lying next to the girl I was seeing at uni. woke up, thought "that was a long time ago" and did nothing.
drift
Merzfinity

Re: Images that will get your Facebook account restricted

Post by drift »

strange freudian of me... I just had a "trapped in the home I grew up in" dream, where my date disappeared and I was trying to find them. I was quite scary haha
drift
Merzfinity

Post by drift »

had another dream about an ex. I think we had sex, and then I called her up to tell her I was pregnant, but the baby was just a ball of those long marshmallow sweets you get at the cinema. then her new boyfriend threatened to punch me in the stomach, and I woke up.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I had an unusual dream that I was inside a sort of "anti-"music video or something, watching different cuts of a pensive-looking man in white linen clothes loitering and sitting alone in silence on the edge of a walled-in community pool/occasionally a deserted beach set to a song I've never heard before.

The music in the video was kind of a jaunty, funk-tinged AOR song with forlorn lyrics that did not fit with the music, which I can only describe as sounding like if America got hired to record vocals for a BeeGee's track. This is one line of the chorus I remember, with an additional variation I sort of half-remembered, but also used part of my waking brain to flesh out (the whole song was basically just one long, repeating chorus with variations):

You're too far to be/
To really be/
Be that happy

You're too far to see/
You can no longer be/
be that happy

I am musically useless so this was the best approximation I could re-create of the chorus with a Famimimidi cartridge, though the instruments/vocal harmonies were obviously a lot richer than such a thing can create on its own, and it was in some kind of odd time signature I couldn't figure out how to graft properly to the piano roll:

Interesting dream. IDK if maybe I heard a song playing randomly on the TV before it went to sleep to influence this dream or what, but I think I feel asleep watching one of those WCN podcast videos on youtube. No telling what might've played after that because YT is fucking stupid.
drift
Merzfinity

Post by drift »

what an excellent track, mister Ingram.

it's a bit pseudo hip, perhaps... but take me to a party :rofl: