Random dreams

Random forum is random

Moderator: Modulators

¾ dead
Merzwow

Random dreams

Post by ¾ dead »

Informed by the moon last night, and too much jug wine, I dreamt that I saw a bright, white poodle ("standard" size) floating through the air over the road in front of my house. It was standing in an upright, begging position, and it shuffled its two front paws very quickly, like it was pulling itself along an invisible rope, climbing higher and higher into the night sky. It felt a bit like I wasn't supposed to be seeing it happen, this witch-dog's ascent. So I stuck to the shadows. Then I checked the mail. A full mailbox! On a Sunday! I couldn't even carry it all.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Random dreams

Post by ¾ dead »

I had this dream after dozing off in bed today (unfortunately, I've slept all day and have nothing to show for it).

The details ahead of the nightclub (which was actually hosting music in the late afternoon) are hazy, but I was walking home from some place, like an art college, through a downtown area. I could very clearly hear from this club I was coming near to the band, Kilslug, playing their mega-hit, "Warlocks, Witches & Demons".

Somehow, in the dream, I'd been to this club before. Somehow, in this dream, I "remembered" that Kilslug would be playing, but decided not to see them because of needing to save money. But hearing one of my favorite Kilslug songs right then and there, I had to go and pay for a ticket. I rushed inside, as I was really anxious that I was already missing part of the song from outside. I paid the guy collecting at a table near the entrance with some form of IOU or something bizarre like that. The place is a tiny little venue with a low ceiling and a small stage in the very far end of the room. It's about the size of this Chinese takeout place here in Huntsville in a strip mall plaza, if not a bit smaller. Actually, the whole layout was the same, in terms of where the front door was, and how the entryway was built, with a tiny foyer the size of a large closet, and the actual door into the main room on the right wall of that space. The stage was set where the store counter sits in the takeout place.

Anyway, I make my way up to the right corner of the stage and lean against the wall. Directly in front of me at the foot of the stage, there's this biker-dude SE Asian/Mexican guy with a long, braided ponytail-mullet right in front of a toddler of the same hair color and complexion who was standing on the edge of the stage, watching the show (I can only see them from behind, but they are presumably related). Kilslug weren't really Kilslug, but very vague approximations, or just faceless NPC's approximating a band consisting of guitarist, vocalist, drummer and bassist. Larry Lifeless, the singer, I sort of recognized. And the second-closest to being a real, flesh-and-blood person was the guitarist, who I recall as being in some big, ridiculous, flesh-colored nonsense costume, a bit like a Crank Sturgeon getup. He was somewhat clearly Rico Petroleum, but also a melange of other people.

Some pretty boy cholo in a wannabe-mafioso windbreaker ensemble (there were a lot of "well-dressed", suave Latino men with implied gang affiliations at this gig for some reason) accidentally bumped into the biker guy, and that set the biker guy off, but it was a minor altercation that was dropped quickly. Then the same guy in the windbreaker and slicked hair kept bakwards-bumping into people by mistake and then getting agitated and menacing people over it, like it was their fault. He bumped into me once and I looked briefly but deeply into his dark, brown almond eyes and felt aroused by him in my own particularly loathsome and creepy way. Totally IN LUST.

This keeps happening, and the small crowd is getting more and more riled up. Eventually, the guitarist had to come off the stage to break people up in a very direct but calm, fatherly fashion in an effort to get the show back on track. I woke up around that point. Don't think they got through more than two songs during the whole span of this dream. Another gig ruined by young troublemakers! Coincidentally, I've been reading or re-reading a lot of H.P. Lovecraft stories from an anthology book during this time I've had off for the Coronapocalypse. A lot of similar themes popping up in this dream: Indescribable, but vaguely aquatic, fleshy horrors (the costume). Familiar-yet-unknown places only visited in dreams. Swarthy degenerates causing a ruckus. :lol:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I had a dream that Anthony Hopkins was my coworker.. I had lunch with him sitting on a park bench
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

4 mice riding miniature bicycles, doing laps upside down around the ceiling of our bedroom.

I was trying to swat them away with a sword but the sword was made of jelly and thus ultimately ineffective.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Was trying to explain how noise was made to someone and they asked what noise was and I said while pointing at a wooden desk...look I can explain how to build a desk but I'm not going to explain where wood comes from.

Then I woke up.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I dreamed that I needed to find a restroom and I was wearing a tshirt with a restroom sign on it but everything I found that looked like one wasn't. Towards the end I was in a fastfood place and walked into the employee only area and found a worker on break having a smoke who was very annoyed that I was bothering them on their break. They must have thought I was out of my mind wearing that tshirt and asking where the fucking restroom was..lol

I eventually woke up and used the toilet.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Had a dream the other night where I met a dwarf lady..as in lord of the rings...she was mad cause nobody would date her cause she couldn't grow a beard like other dwarf women and was too tough for non dwarves but I told her she looked great and that would date her...then I woke up.

Keeping my eye out for stout short women...I was anyhow but now I'm really on it.
place holder
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

My dreams are getting to be disturbingly real. I don't know what it is that's causing this. Latent schizophrenia?
I had a lucid dream turn into unconscious reality--the exact inverse of lucid dreaming--last night.

I know this will sound funny/laughable to some people, but I'm not ashamed to admit I've had recurring dreams about sucking my own dick countless times. These dreams have been commonplace for years, and I always think they're real while experiencing them. I wonder to myself, "Why was this always so difficult before?" because I am able to perform the act with the greatest of ease. But then I wake up and realize that the dream is like that every time. I have even thought to myself, "Eventually, eventually, there has to come a time where my subconscious mind will recognize this as a cue that I'm dreaming."

For the very first time, this happened to me last night. I dreamt that I was sucking my own penis in bed, and suddenly realized I'd experienced this many times before, but only in dreams... "Wow, I must be conscious in my own dream! But is this really possible?" I had to test myself. I was sure I was dreaming, but I had to prove it. I took some scissors and tried to scratch myself to prove I was actually awake, or else to wake myself up. Something stopped me from doing it with the force necessary to make a mark. Basically, I have a lot of self-harm scars already, and they looked even worse in the dream. I didn't want to advertise fresh wounds, so the most I could muster was to feebly scrape the tip of a scissor blade over the inside of my forearm a couple of times. I then looked at my reflection in a small mirror beside my bedroom door (which really exists) and started voluntarily jerking my upper body around violently, to "shake myself awake", or else prove I was conscious. But everything just got really smeary and blurry and the dream ended with my awareness dissipating into a void of dreamless unconsciousness.

Every other time I've been aware or suspected myself to be consciously dreaming, I always had little control and woke up very quickly after, but this was something really different that I've never experienced to such a degree before. I've never been so totally in doubt of the non-reality of a dream before, once coming to the conclusion that I was not really awake. Weird!

Still can't suck my own dick. The closest I've ever gotten IRL was to touch the very tip of my tongue to it... oooo
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I've been watching hoarders and it's starting to creep into my dreams. Although it's not unusual for old destroyed houses to make appearances in dreams old school buses have turned up.. there have been several on hoarders. Last night I spent a good part of the dream examining these weird tail light assembly that I presume was from a bus but the light bulbs were full sized with the same sockets as household lights.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

More god damned stress dreaming about work-related chaos and general performance going to shit and dealing with the fallout of an entire system that is and always has been a dysfunctional mess. More dreaming about frustration, resentment, alienation, rejection, dejection. Of swimming in a covered channel full of blood in some thriving dream-metropolis at night. Of climbing up stacks of wobbly, overturned fish tanks to see the last few minutes of a band playing through a high clerestory window I couldn't get through for fear of crashing to the floor below.

I want a cigarette. Work lately is actually making me want to take up smoking again and/or hurt/kill myself, and/or--even worse--quit my job! I want one of those crappy, vanilla-flavored Djarum "cigars" they still sell really badly, at least. Drinking just gives me "spells" of afib every time I have even one or two beers now, since Friday. And so, I have to stop drinking again for a while, until it fucks off, at least until the next binge. All I want is one damn cigarette though, really. I don't even want a full pack. Just one, just this once. Then I'd be good for a little while. fiddle