Random dreams

Random forum is random

Moderator: Modulators

¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Random dreams

Post by ¾ dead »

I dreamt one of my dead cats jumped into bed while I was snuggling with his brother. It seemed so real. He just materialized. Like, he wasn't there one moment, then he jumped into the bed with a playful pounce onto his brother's back. At first, I didn't recognize him because I saw him jump into view from behind with the back of his head towards me. But when I realized it was him, I just thought it was essentially something like a miracle or some android-Frankenstein/Pet Sematary scenario. It seemed so real and so sudden, I was at a loss for any feeling but the most intense joy. I even convinced myself it wasn't possible that I was dreaming because it was so vivid. I couldn't explain how it had happened. I was just happy that he came back. Then I woke up.

Fuck that for being the start to my Monday. Feeling depressed and going through fucked up weekend-binge withdrawals. I'm reaching a sober baseline now WRT the latter, but I'm still sad and agitated over what a cruel dream that was. Fucking melatonin...
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I don't recall much but actually had a vivid dream last night.. it involved alot of av gear
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

had a short sleep paralysis dream where I was asleep and lying next to the girl I was seeing at uni. woke up, thought "that was a long time ago" and did nothing.
banned
Merzfinity

Re: Images that will get your Facebook account restricted

Post by banned »

strange freudian of me... I just had a "trapped in the home I grew up in" dream, where my date disappeared and I was trying to find them. I was quite scary haha
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

had another dream about an ex. I think we had sex, and then I called her up to tell her I was pregnant, but the baby was just a ball of those long marshmallow sweets you get at the cinema. then her new boyfriend threatened to punch me in the stomach, and I woke up.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I had an unusual dream that I was inside a sort of "anti-"music video or something, watching different cuts of a pensive-looking man in white linen clothes loitering and sitting alone in silence on the edge of a walled-in community pool/occasionally a deserted beach set to a song I've never heard before.

The music in the video was kind of a jaunty, funk-tinged AOR song with forlorn lyrics that did not fit with the music, which I can only describe as sounding like if America got hired to record vocals for a BeeGee's track. This is one line of the chorus I remember, with an additional variation I sort of half-remembered, but also used part of my waking brain to flesh out (the whole song was basically just one long, repeating chorus with variations):

You're too far to be/
To really be/
Be that happy

You're too far to see/
You can no longer be/
be that happy

I am musically useless so this was the best approximation I could re-create of the chorus with a Famimimidi cartridge, though the instruments/vocal harmonies were obviously a lot richer than such a thing can create on its own, and it was in some kind of odd time signature I couldn't figure out how to graft properly to the piano roll:

Interesting dream. IDK if maybe I heard a song playing randomly on the TV before it went to sleep to influence this dream or what, but I think I feel asleep watching one of those WCN podcast videos on youtube. No telling what might've played after that because YT is fucking stupid.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

what an excellent track, mister Ingram.

it's a bit pseudo hip, perhaps... but take me to a party :rofl:
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I had a dream that one co-worker, my team lead in the shop where I work, slit the rightmost portion of another co-worker's throat at their request. The later, who works predominantly in the area right outside my shop area but is in and out of ours frequently, got down on his knees and let the first co-worker make a pretty deep, elongated surgical swipe from front to back with a utility razor. Then they started bleeding, sputtering... And I, not really alarmed, but somewhat bewildered as to what the best course of action was, pressed the wound with some tissues, which weren't nearly enough to stop the severe bleeding. Part of me sensed this was completely crazy, but also something I had contemplated many times before myself! I didn't try to help any more after that.

The co-worker was (and is) burned out and this was part of a plan to convince higher-ups they really needed a break, or else they would die trying to prove it. It was super weird, like a whole group of us just standing around watching this play out like we were putting an animal out of its misery or something, except there was an almost exploitative air of shock and fascination and wanting to see and discuss it too, with a few people murmuring about the latest juicy workplace scandal afterwards.

Then I saw the same co-worker out on the floor later in the dream. They were turning a corner somewhere in the building outside of our shop area; I think I was making my way to the restroom. So I guess he never got to go home, but he survived anyway. Weird and slightly depressing.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Just had a dream(a few minutes ago) about making noise or rather experimental sounds and I'm still tired and wanna go back to sleep but it ended with these mics in tin cans coffee cans and I asked 9ne guy that was laying on the floor 'so no input feedback no effects type stuff' and he said smiling 'you use too many effects bud' and just before I could explain I woke up
place holder