Random thoughts

Random forum is random

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Random thoughts

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:38 pm
NoiseWiki wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:28 am "The local sheriff said just shootem I won't prosecute"
Florida sheriff?
Yeah.. but in Florida you can feel threatened and open fire outside your home.. I'm pretty sure nobody whose house is being broken into in Florida is gonna get charged for shooting the intruder.. well not unless it's the police and they have the right address
Paperback
Noiser

Post by Paperback »

I’ve had a crap day. Just thought I’d share that.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Paperback wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:46 pm I’ve had a crap day. Just thought I’d share that.
I know the feels.. my car died wasn't really prepared to replace it
Paperback
Noiser

Post by Paperback »

NoiseWiki wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:48 pm
Paperback wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:46 pm I’ve had a crap day. Just thought I’d share that.
Yikes sorry man. Get something with big wheels so you can rip around in the desert!
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Paperback wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:50 pm
NoiseWiki wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:48 pm
Yikes sorry man. Get something with big wheels so you can rip around in the desert!
Heh.. I have the RC trucks for that.. I'm prolly gonna buy a similar model of Jeep like what I had.. the devil you know and also they're fairly cheap
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I heard the term "Tiktok Boy Hair" in a Jenny Nicholson video (I think I love her. She watches brain-dead theatre fairy CW dogshit so I don't have to). I had to Google that. Yeah, that makes sense. I've seen a lot of younger guys with, like, literal muffins on their heads in the last couple of years.

Tiktwinks, meet your GOD (and also Hitler):

Just a bunch of rentboy whores suckin' cum in the e-slums of Neo-Babylon, maaaaaannn...

Yeah, I've had a little bit to drink.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Dio's Magica was something of a comeback album for him. He'd burst out of the wilderness with the first proper new album in several years. At the time, I think people recognized it as "Oh, hey. New Dio album. And it doesn't suck. Cool". What little buzz there might've been at the time died down relatively fast, as this was all before KTD (Also good, but not nearly as cohesive or fleshed out or affecting) and his Tenacious D associations that gave him a second wind with the post-nu metal crowd.

The album has gotten the whole lame "deluxe" CD/LP reissue treatment in the last few years, but it's still not making many waves. I think Dio's output is pretty patchy. He really never topped either Holy Diver or Magica with his other albums, despite all of them being either mostly good or having some really, really good songs on them in between some moments of filler and dogshit. But I've been a fan since I was in middle school (Never seeing him live is one of my many regrets in life. I mean, realistically speaking, I had the chance to do so). And Magica itself was part of my introduction to his career. I don't recall if I'd heard his Rainbow/Sabbath stuff before or after, but it was all at approximately the same time anyway.

I actually get choked up listening to this album. The meat of the main story itself (it is a concept album after all) isn't hugely creative, profound or even well written, though the underlying philosophy of the album really hits home. The story itself is basically just a kind of cheap, theatrical window dressing for that. A for effort; A really ambitious framing device.

Anyway, Magica is underrated. Yes, he was getting older, had less gravel in his "heavy metal voice" and less bounce in his hair. Maybe leaned on the pout-lipped crooning thing a little much, but his voice was still incredibly powerful and emotive, and the album as a whole had some of the most emotionally powerful moments within his solo discography, despite the overall lobotomized, sterile production quality that I have always associated with 2000's-era Spitfire Records releases.

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

1990s pleated men's pants.
place holder
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

there were four or five young guys, I'd say 15 or 16, sorta she parading a girl their age toward the garage (this was about 5am) seemingly pushing her and pulling her hair, while she made sad complaining noises. on the way back past them, I felt had to say something

> sorry, but this looks dead weir
*they all turn to look at me*
> are you OK?
>> *she says* what?
> just say if you're ok
*she smiles and cracks up*
> *says to self* weird.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

I don't like Rod Stewart.
Well I don't know him personally so he may be an ok person but man I don't like his music.
place holder