A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates

Random forum is random

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates

Post by RUBBISH »

I worked at a science and tech library and we had a RAND corp section. My favorite rand booklet was a study of earthquake faults in the kansas Missouri border region for what would become the wolf creek nuclear power plant.
There 1000s and 1000s of small booklets containing studies for the most inane and obscure seeming topics...having to pull from that shelf was hell nothing was in order.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I have a reprint of this. I really got jliat's goat arguing that these numbers aren't random because whenever you flip to the same page the numbers are the same as the last time.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:40 am I have a reprint of this. I really got jliat's goat arguing that these numbers aren't random because whenever you flip to the same page the numbers are the same as the last time.
Thats why you're supposed to read the introduction that explains how to use the tables duh...just like that might is right book that says in the intro this book is not for supermen but weak men...super duh.
Read the fucking intro people.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:40 am I have a reprint of this. I really got jliat's goat arguing that these numbers aren't random because whenever you flip to the same page the numbers are the same as the last time.
Thats why you're supposed to read the introduction that explains how to use the tables duh...just like that might is right book that says in the intro this book is not for supermen but weak men...super duh.
Read the fucking intro people.
I don't need no stinkin' tables