Daint Recordings

Moderator: Modulators

Rubby
Noiser

Daint Recordings

Post by Rubby »

why yes, i DID start an account just to post my label. Honesty should count for something.
Daint Recordings first 3 releases out now:

Iasosist "Passing Storms- A nature themed mix of field recordings and noise. Cassette

Caustic Vigilance "Demo"- vicious PE about battling mental illness. pro CDR , almost gone but will be reissued on groups forthcoming full length

Mangrum "Jim Dandy to the Rescue"- harsh noise made exclusively with washboard. cassette

https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Daint Recordings

Post by RUBBISH »

the jim dandy thing is..fucked up I like it.

Caustic Vigilance is good...I like the length of the tracks. I hope you stick to that.

There needs to be more noise and PE tracks that are under 3 minutes.
place holder
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

Seconding Caustic Vigilance, I like that short burst PE style. Definitely preferred it to the last short PE release I listened to.

Mangrum's "ignorant-ass harsh noise" was pretty good from a conceptual standpoint, but the execution was a bit underwhelming. Too mushy and indistinct, needs to get more abrasive if it's going to remain so monochromatic. But the washboard does seem like a good noise instrument.

I'll definitely watch out for future Daint releases.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

Thank you guys for listening! I am one of the people in Caustic Vigilance and I'm thrilled that you noticed the lengths. We want the lyrics to say what they have to say, the sound helps twist the knife so to speak, then get out. I hate looking at a power electronics album and seeing a paragraph of lyrics at most, and then "it's six tracks? And they're 8 minutes each? Uuuhhh" Thanks again.
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

New releases out now:

Iasosist- "Clear"
Rough, erratic noise made entirely with water.
Aube tribute, Aube ripoff, or just plain unoriginal idea...YOU DECIDE! 3" cdr in dvd case with handwritten packaging.

Mangrum- "O'Shea"
Cut up vocal samples in tribute to who this ignoramus firmly believes is the greatest MC of all time. 3" cdr for trade or free with orders only. Extensive liner notes at the bandcamp.

https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

new release out now:
Interzona- "BLAST!!" (Hoarded Detritus). The first release in our Hoarded Detritus series, noise releases dubbed over commercial cassettes. Interzona contributes one side of harsh noise onslaught, and another side of heavy psych/cosmic sounding noise. Some of his best material for sure. (Yes, I know, this is a totally original idea that has never before been attempted by anyone....anyone who could afford a lawyer, that is....)
https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/al ... d-detritus
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Rubby wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:16 am new release out now:
Interzona- "BLAST!!" (Hoarded Detritus). The first release in our Hoarded Detritus series, noise releases dubbed over commercial cassettes. Interzona contributes one side of harsh noise onslaught, and another side of heavy psych/cosmic sounding noise. Some of his best material for sure. (Yes, I know, this is a totally original idea that has never before been attempted by anyone....anyone who could afford a lawyer, that is)
Are these tapes being dubbed over with the original audio left behind at all or is it being erased?
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

The tapes are not erased before dubbing. I only listened to one finished tape, and aside from the end of each side when the release ends and the original audio returns, I couldn't detect any bleed through of the original audio....but don't tell anyone that! Ha.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Every "recycled" tape you hear, even outside of RRRecords, is nigh-guaranteed to simply be the new audio replacing the old audio.
Bleed-through occurring "naturally" is very rare and would indicate a failing record head.
All compact cassette recorders have a record head that automatically erases whatever is on the tape before recording new material; reel to reels back in the day apparently had separate record and erase heads.
If you're careful, you can place a bit of tin foil over the record head to do some caveman "multitracking" but I've never heard of anyone explicitly using this technique for the purpose of a "recycled" tape.
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

FAP wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:07 pm
If you're careful, you can place a bit of tin foil over the record head to do some caveman "multitracking" but I've never heard of anyone explicitly using this technique for the purpose of a "recycled" tape.
I know this technique from tape loop artists using it to make loops without gaps, I was really hoping that's what was going on. Somebody should do that.