Wholesalers wanted

For buying and selling

Moderator: Modulators

FAP
Merzwow

Wholesalers wanted

Post by FAP »

Looking for labels or record stores to carry wholesale copies of my album, Sensitive to Textures, on tape. Please comment or DM if interested.

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Wholesalers wanted

Post by RUBBISH »

RRR would be my first place to check out.

Call Rrron...
+1 978-454-8002
place holder
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

RUBBISH wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:17 pm RRR would be my first place to check out.

Call Rrron...
+1 978-454-8002
:lol: All I can think of is Dom Fernowxe2x80x99s story about how RRRon said his stuff would never ever sell. Ixe2x80x99ve been reluctant to call him for that same reason.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

FAP wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:38 am
RUBBISH wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:17 pm RRR would be my first place to check out.

Call Rrron...
+1 978-454-8002
:lol: All I can think of is Dom Fernowxe2x80x99s story about how RRRon said his stuff would never ever sell. Ixe2x80x99ve been reluctant to call him for that same reason.
Yeah it would be more of a trade situation I'm afraid. But that means when people order from him they'll get a copy of your tape with the order.

Like the extra tapes ya sent me.
They went to someone who will listen to them.

As far as a straight up distro type deal where you get paid...I wouldnt know.
I'm an amatuer :D
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Call Rrron...
+1 978-454-8002
Is that from his recent interview with Greh? Thats pretty funny... its still kind of a mystery to me how Ron got into noise. Anyway in regards to Dom I think he managed to create some sort of cult of personality around him and the label. Maybe being in NY helped. One might slag off my opinion and that's fine but I've seen him play twice and I can't say I was blown away but to be fair the last time was only a few years ago and you'd be hard pressed to blow my mind.. unless one were to surprise the audience and venue with a backhoe
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Call Rrron...
+1 978-454-8002
He might give it away for free :P I've gotten a couple of cheap/free items from RRRon (though those have mostly been RRR releases that he had a lot of copies of. I was introduced to artists like Jessica Rylan from a freebie he threw into my stack and am grateful for it)

Your local CD stores probably offer consignment so long as you can provide them with a set number of copies. Some places that do this will require that a few of the copies become the store's property that they can use for displays, listening stations, and that sort of thing. It would be a good route if it's something that would appeal to your local scene that you can promote easily. Otherwise, your copies might just sit buried behind lots of other releases from local acts and the consignment agreement will run out before the copies sell out. That said, it's not like you'd really lose anything in that agreement aside from a few copies and some time. It might be worth the chance of some additional exposure, though you should see if you can also get your stuff played on local radio shows or podcasts around the same time you enter into an agreement.

Regardless, the others in this thread have good advice. There are a lot of stores out there that may cater more towards your style of music, though they are pretty scattered. These might be worth checking out. Though as a disclaimer, most of these I haven't shopped from personally and can't say how receptive they'll be. They are a few that appear to be interested in stocking experimental/electronic/noise-type stuff: It also might be a good idea to look up distributors that operate without a physical store since fewer people are out shopping in person generally this year. These places are also more likely to put out a catalog about new releases, so there may be a chance for more direct promotion to interested listeners.

If you do go with a physical distributor, I'd stick with what I suggested above for promotion: see if the distributor knows about any radio shows, podcasts, or similar things in their area. See if those broadcasts can play your work to their audience and announce the album.

Good luck :samurai:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

One of the problems is that there are few distributors that will take Cdrs even if they are professionally duplicated.

However if you have replicated Cds or vinyl Coldspring is probably still down for trades if you want overseas distribution