Meathook Saint - Two Colors Black

Moderator: Modulators

-NRRRRK-
Noise Person

Meathook Saint - Two Colors Black

Post by -NRRRRK- »

Out today: Meathook Saint - Two Colors Black

First release of a new project. Two tracks of amp feedback, no mixer, only minimal edits and no additional mastering.

Black C10 with colored j-card in a handnumbered edition of 14 or bandcamp-download.
Trade offers are definitely welcome (though due to C19 shipping to US is a bitch right now).

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Meathook Saint - Two Colors Black

Post by RUBBISH »

I like the Sabbathy font.

This sounds liken it was recorded live with a Mic?

Not bad.
Lets hear more.
place holder
-NRRRRK-
Noise Person

Post by -NRRRRK- »

Thanks.
Yes, feedback loop has been created with mic and amp and another mic was used for the recording.
Font is going to be upcoming releases as well.
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

This is some absolutely savage dirtbag psych. Pretty intense feedback loop-sounding modulation for just mic feedback, what was the pedal setup like? That was some good shit!

Not sure if I'm 100% on the recording, though. The mic does add space and some dynamics to the recording, which is nice, but I wish there was that really crushing wide frequency range of a maxed-out Direct Input feed from the amp. I think that would be really crushing. That said, I highly enjoyed it. Nice and short, action-packed, all the stuff I'm looking for with Harsh Noise.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
-NRRRRK-
Noise Person

Post by -NRRRRK- »

Thanks for the feedback.

The mic was placed about half a metre off the cab, so it would pick up a good amount of room, but at the same time, it does not sound as "crunchy" as a direct-recording. I like it for this recording, but there will be variations for future releases.

The pedal line-up was something like Mic > Digitech Death Metal > DIY Fuzz > Phase 90 > OBNE Whitecap > Ibanez Digital Delay > DIY JupiterFX Kaleidoscope Clone > Amp.