moon musiq netlabel

Moderator: Modulators

Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Re: moon musiq netlabel

Post by Soloman Tump »

2 tracks from Are You Shivering (Pigswill and Scum Alice) played on my next Tump Clump radio show. Great stuff
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

on 'trafficking', I must admit: I don't actually know what it is. one assumes it's not only of underage girls? so we have large numbers of women and girls moved around for prsotitution? the mainstream papers don't talk about it in very explicit terms...
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Social_Drift wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:30 am I liked the stylistic echoes, but didn't know what to make of the comp I listened to (latest)
Thanks for checking it out. We are currently working on one that is an exquisite corpse, so it should come together as one single continuous track. Each participant will only hear the track that came before it, then it will all be assembled at the end. It should prove to be a more cohesive experience than our last two, though given the process, we're expecting this to take several months to complete. We're also trying to figure out some ways that we can set up some collaborations, not just splits, between some of the participants and releasing those, but it's tough since everyone has a unique setup and don't share DAWs, plugins, or whatever else.
bentwindowrecords wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:29 am awesome! snagged a couple of downloads. digging it!
Thank you!
Soloman Tump wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:11 pm 2 tracks from Are You Shivering (Pigswill and Scum Alice) played on my next Tump Clump radio show. Great stuff
Awesome! Thank you. I'm digging the radio show, so this is quite the pleasant surprise
Social_Drift wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:18 pm on 'trafficking', I must admit: I don't actually know what it is. one assumes it's not only of underage girls? so we have large numbers of women and girls moved around for prsotitution? the mainstream papers don't talk about it in very explicit terms...
You're right: it's a broad topic that doesn't get enough coverage. It's basically the exploitation of people for sex or labor. It can range from prostitution to organ harvesting. GEMS in particular focuses on girls and young women who are sexually exploited or prostituted at a young age.

Young victims may even be picked up or dropped off at school by their traffickers, so teachers or even parents might not be aware of what is happening to a child that they see every day.

The Department of Homeland Security has an informative page all about human trafficking:
https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/what- ... rafficking

Rachel Lloyd, the founder of GEMS, also has a TEDx talk where she explains what she's seen and what her organization provides:
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Happy Easter! We just dropped a Throbbing Gristle tribute album titled Exotic Functions. We have some new guests this time, including Michael Idehall, pepper jean, Chaos Doll, GasmaskAvenger, Heavy Thrashhead, and MEATPLANT. Check out moonmusiq.com for more info

banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

:bounce:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

that is a fantastic covers album :bounce: i might go on a TG binge
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

drift wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:32 am that is a fantastic covers album :bounce: i might go on a TG binge
Thank you! We've certainly been on a binge making this. Many of us ended up watching the Throbbing Gristle documentary "Other, Like Me" since it came out while we were putting this together:
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Pigswill wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:39 pm Happy Easter! We just dropped a Throbbing Gristle tribute album titled Exotic Functions. We have some new guests this time, including Michael Idehall, pepper jean, Chaos Doll, GasmaskAvenger, Heavy Thrashhead, and MEATPLANT. Check out moonmusiq.com for more info

Yes, this is a great release. "what a day" is probably my fave TG track and the version on here is pretty lush actually. Great work all involved.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Soloman Tump wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:15 pm
Pigswill wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:39 pm Happy Easter! We just dropped a Throbbing Gristle tribute album titled Exotic Functions. We have some new guests this time, including Michael Idehall, pepper jean, Chaos Doll, GasmaskAvenger, Heavy Thrashhead, and MEATPLANT. Check out moonmusiq.com for more info

Yes, this is a great release. "what a day" is probably my fave TG track and the version on here is pretty lush actually. Great work all involved.
Thank you! pepper jean has been a part of a few rock/punk bands and other projects in the Twin Cities, but has since moved to Wisconsin and has been getting more involved with electronics. They're really creative. The track don't tell me will get stuck in your head, which contrasts with permanence, a long and pleasant guitar drone piece
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

been listening to the first annual report; it's been a long time. there were three child murder stories in the paper today :orly: :domo: