MEATHOOK SAINT "Plan Voisin" C40

Moderator: Modulators

-NRRRRK-
Noise Person

Post by -NRRRRK- »

4 tracks, recorded and edited in February 2021. Contact mics, feedback loops and a lot of distortion, resulting in crunchy, crisp and rich textures and dynamics.

Available through bandcamp or dm here on the board.

Still available:
Meathook Saint - Two Colors Black tape
Meathook Saint - Musik für Gebäude tape
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Re: MEATHOOK SAINT "Plan Voisin" C40

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

It's not bad at all, but I feel like the contact mics and more feedback looping approach loses some of the uniqueness from the live feedback tapes. I like layering, but the slow and grainy texture pile-up sound isn't my cup of tea. The mic feedback on the first two releases was really chaotic and straight to the point (especially the high-speed glitch-blasting on Two Colors Black), where this seems to be going down a more atmospheric and long-form Industrial or Power Electronics-influenced path. Obviously you can do whatever you want, I'm just some guy, but I feel like it's missing the immediate effect I've gotten from previous Meathook Saint.

Also I just recently remembered that I bought a Two Colors Black tape during the summer and I don't remember it ever arriving. I guess shipping a tape from Germany to the States is kind of a gamble on it getting lost in the mail (which is what I assume happened).

Edit: Wow, I need to check my email way more often. Still excited for it!
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

nice!
-NRRRRK-
Noise Person

Post by -NRRRRK- »

@The Mysterious Creep:

Thanks for the detailed feedback on the new tracks. Future material will vary in what sources are used. Next recordings will involve a lot more looped-sounds for example.