No love for Norcal Noisefest this weekend?

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: No love for Norcal Noisefest this weekend?

Post by RUBBISH »

Pigswill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:34 am I only caught a couple of sets over the weekend so far. Whatever set I saw on Friday was really low-effort. There was one on Saturday that was really energetic, though. I'm going to try to tune in to more later today.
You can go back and watch at your leisure.
Last edited by RUBBISH on Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
place holder
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

RUBBISH wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:04 am
Pigswill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:34 am I only caught a couple of sets over the weekend so far. Whatever set I saw on Friday was really low-effort. There was one on Saturday that was really energetic, though. I'm going to try to tune in to more later today.
That's a good point. Though I do miss the live chat fiddle
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Pigswill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:47 pm
Wait...who are you on YouTube?

Did ya see the people.mentioning wanting a noise conference to talk about noise....I said...ah....noisewiki forum is basically a noise conference.

I like the live chat...gives a similar high to actually being there with all those people but I could actually sleep afterwards. Real life I wouldn't have been able to sleep!
place holder
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:38 am
Pigswill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:47 pm

Wait...who are you on YouTube?

Did ya see the people.mentioning wanting a noise conference to talk about noise....I said...ah....noisewiki forum is basically a noise conference.

I like the live chat...gives a similar high to actually being there with all those people but I could actually sleep afterwards. Real life I wouldn't have been able to sleep!
I saw a lot of people talking about how they missed the live experience, but thought that it was cool that they could talk to each other while it was going on. And yeah, I know what you mean about the sleep! I've been to a number of shows where I'd stick around afterwards and talk to other fans or musicians for several hours sometimes. Or even get invited to some follow-up show even later the same night
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Really enjoyed all the bits I caught over the weekend. Glad it's on youtube so I can catch up at sensible UK hours on the bits I missed.

The Golden Gate Bridge droning safety barriers were nice. In fact, there was a lot of experimental / drone stuff that I wouldn't consider to be noise. It was all good, variety is my spice.

The stream was curated very well - everything seemed to flow seamlessly between recordings, live video calls and live performances. Top work. Good to be able to get involved in the chat, but I am sure it was nothing like being there.

Maybe one day in the future I can make a US noise show, Audio Waffle or something similar.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek: