Japsi

Moderator: Modulators

UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Japsi

Post by UnderstandDavid »

I make a lot of music, and not all of it noisy. For various reasons, I tend to keep my conventional musical projects completely separate from my less-than-conventional ones. All in, I've got eight active projects releasing material ranging from pop music to harsh noise, so I like to keep myself busy.

Ever since I got into noise, I've wanted to find a way to combine it with more 'normal' structures, while avoiding just doing three-minute tracks with the same edgelord vocals as every shitty 'industrial' band out there.

Before I started doing the Understand David stuff, I had a project called Japsi, which started out as a "Deep Internet" thing, but gradually morphed into more noisy territory. I decided to transition the project into something more rhythmic and dense, which eventually led to the Transition EP - basically a collection of demos taken from the first few weeks of writing.

The sound of the project is still developing to an extent, but it's getting close to the sound in my head and so I wanted to share my new video for "Scabs" with your good selves. I'm not trying to do anything revolutionary or unique; this is just my own little perverted take on my idea of what "Noise Pop" might sound like.

I had actually tried doing this with proper, sung pop vocals (I've got a five octave vocal range and sing professionally) but it sounded shite, so I opted for the heavier approach.

Let me know what you think as I have no idea how this sounds to other people, and I don't listen to a lot of industrial or metal anymore. :lol:

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Japsi

Post by RUBBISH »

It sounds good.
Dont hear any pop or much music at all.

I would probably label this as PE if I had to label it.

I like it.
Good job.
place holder
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Re: Japsi

Post by UnderstandDavid »

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

I think I use words like "pop" and "music" in my own idiosyncratic way, i.e in ways that don't actually tie in with reality. :lol:

Like I said, the sound is still developing but it's getting close to what I'm hearing in my head. I thought that Strom.ec in particular had basically done what I had in mind, only far better. Hearing them made me change a few things, just to avoid ripping off both them and IFOTS, so it's become a little bit more 'conventional' and rhythmic, while also trying to avoid bullshit politics, as well as the lyrical and thematic cliches.

Here's the latest demo: