Scottish Power Electronics: The Council Scheme

Moderator: Modulators

UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Scottish Power Electronics: The Council Scheme

Post by UnderstandDavid »

A couple of my mates were looking to get into making noise, so we formed The Council Scheme. It's lo-fi, old-school PE with a dark sense of humour, inspired by growing up in the council schemes outside of Glasgow.

I only really do some backing noise and then deal with the mixing/production, so it's really their project. This was hilarious to record with them, so hopefully we get a chance to do some more tracks.

Let me know what you think. It's not supposed to be entirely serious, but it sounds like it was recorded in the 80's!
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Re: Scottish Power Electronics: The Council Scheme

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

Can't really comment on the humor/lyrical aspect because I can't understand a fuckin' word (which I promise is not an American making a joke about Scottish accents, it's just too lo-fi and echoing), but it's certainly a nice slab of retro Power Electronics. I'd love to hear more in higher-fi in the future, I think you're onto something with the theme.

I love the introduction of people who aren't musicians or fans to noise-making, both because it reminds me of my own beginnings making noise because I couldn't make music and because I think it highlights a really beautiful thing about the freedom of noise. You might not be able to write a song, can't carry a tune if it were wrapped up with handles, but if the sounds are impactful to you then they go on the tape. Just thinking about it makes me grin.

So... is Opulent Lunch open to more new signings?
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair