Catalogue of JLIAT project Genus-Eodaaaaeteaorad

Moderator: Modulators

Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Re: Catalogue of JLIAT project Genus-Eodaaaaeteaorad

Post by Indeterminacy »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:42 am I think there might be a difference between Americans and the English,
image.jpg
Viewed 1803 times
image.jpg
Viewed 1803 times
QED
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

^^^ Sorry lost on me?
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Wow.
Last edited by RUBBISH on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:44 am ^^^ Sorry lost on me?
Yeah it's lost on you because you aren't as smart as you think and your act is just that an act..a pretentious veneer of armor to protect the fragile factory fodder little boy inside.

It sad.

What did they do to you?
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:42 am
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am No meaning but lots of explainations..thats insane and makes no sense.
Not to some. When I say no meaning xe2x80x93 its that the thing, sound doesn't *represent* something else, my ideas re the Vietnam War, or my antipathy to Donald Orange Shit Gibbon etc. It's not the like a WORD which is a signifier for something else xe2x80x93 a signified. Its not a language, or a picture of something. Some art obviously is, all representational art, stuff like the 1812 overture or Stairway to Heaven.. bur some art isnt. Abstract art like Don Judd or Steve Reich... Vomir. The latter as have others said their wo-rk is not representational, or in Vomir's case has no meaning. (I've had this discussion many times, the latest I think with Adrian who simply locks the thread...)
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am If there is no meaning why do you explain it so much..
Because its strange to make something which is intended to to have a purpose*. Though if you think the universe has no purpose its not strange to try and explain it, science. Of course the reverse is you think it has a purpose, then it was made by something, God, no need for explanation. Lots of people think the world has no meaning, but puzzle about it. Others think God made it for us to live in. And of course the giraffes long neck wasnt made for a purpose if you are a Darwinian...
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am (I'm gonna repeat this numerous times cause it doesnt seem to penetrate your dad like veneer of stubborn certitude)
I could say the same to you, but I suspect you would take it as an insult. So i'll repeat, many people think the world is meaningless, but study and think about it. Many make art which they say has no meaning, and others write about it. And to be sure i'm not saying they are right, and those who think trees were made for us are wrong. Its two of maybe many ideas. And my explanations are regarding certain w-orks of Noise. And its not just me. OK so you think differently, fine by me. But you seem not to be content with that.
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am Obviously there is meaning or you wouldnt have so much to write about now would you.
Perhaps there is, if you think so why do you not write about it? But i'm not aware you do, so if you think it has meaning and that writing about it follows, why do you not do this? Also beware of 'obvious', i've mentioned giraffes xe2x80x93 obviously the long necks are purposeful, but not according to evolution theory. Like some people can waggle their ears, what does that mean? So let me throw the ball back to you, why should anything have a meaning? And how do you know what this meaning is?
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am Yeah its bullshit...sorry..its your shit...and like you I refuse to see your shit how you see your shit...and why is it shit...because you say there is no meaning
More insults. So allow me, your inability to see that something could have no meaning could be a fear of a pointless nihilist world. A terror? And I don't blame you for avoiding such a brutal idea. Seems lots do, religion, politics, progress, family all fill this terrifying void of everything in the end being pointless. Though given such a terrible prospect art can expose this or cover it up...
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am and then spend hours explaining and defending your alleged meaningless creations...
You miss the point, I found noise a puzzle, Vomir's refusal at meaning, Merzbow's denial of skill... and thought and wrote about it. And some found it interesting. Not you and others, maybe TLDR. But that situation regarding my own stuff is not quite the same recently.
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am
thats nutty wrong off center by far and just wrong and not the cool PE wrong but the simple basic common wrong.
Then i'm not alone in being wrong. Much of minimal art music and recent writing. You maybe not aware of conceptual poetry, Goldsmiths idea of un creativity.. I think you might not like their wo-rk. Why? I'll guess, its a threat. Anyone who thinks as you do that someone is wrong implicitly makes themselves right, yes? That worries or more annoys you? Yes?
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am Like it or not by this exchange your meaningless noise just gathered some meaning and the more you explain and attempt to defend your meaningless the more meaning it has.
For you maybe. And i've said several times that my recent stuff may have no meaning but maybe a purpose.
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am Your Zen level is zero...
My Roman Cathloic level is zero also. You rate Zen, whatever gets you through the night. I dont.
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am you aren't the best person to speak on such things except regurgitation of other peoples works and words...you insist on too much meaning for your meaningless.
Yes like Michael Jackson 'I'm Bad' But look if there are others I get my ideas from, then they are all shit too?
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am also Zen Level Zero is my new band name
Now you are saying you can trace your factory fodder lineage back to the 1700s...naw ain't buying it...couldnt have been too poor if there are clear records that far back...naw.
I didnt say that, and you are now using my personal history to attack me, so i'll be more careful.
But given my great grandfather was a miner in Sheffield back in the mid 1800s xe2x80x93 and his brothers and son steel wo-rkers.. I guess so. As for records xe2x80x93 births and deaths given occupations go back that far in church records for rich or poor, but my family history i'm not bothered. I was referring to the general industrialization.
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am Night club singer = whore white trash and similar. Moonshiners criminals slackers
Not to be trusted then?
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am As far as insults go again you have been made aware numerous times of your insulting tone and condescending manner
Yes by you, as I say you seem unable to cope with someone who has different views and expresses them in a different manner. Luke has also said similar, but he has a problem with his own failure. Not that i'm implying any such thing in your case. You do seem annoyed at me though. If you take my attempt at being polite as condescension I apologise. Is it the case that you are anti intellectual, and see me as not such, as therefore spoiling your ideas re noise?
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am and if bean hole is taken as a serious insult you are seriously sad and mentally sick and in the wrong
I think this exchange is getting nowhere, it is meaningless insults from you, and ignored responses on your part. I'm not mentally sick, if I'm in the wrong, its along with others - xe2x80x9cregurgitation of other peoples works and words.xe2x80x9d - but you demand for meaning and the Zen thing xe2x80x93 very funny.
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am Glad I know how to swim this river is deep.
I'm drowning...

If you just spew out more insults, i'll pass on that, though capable of doing so, what's the point though? But can I say this, I think there might be a difference between Americans and the English, where they speak how they find, are up front, no bullshitters with lots of self confidence, maybe comes from settling a new land, noticed this also in South Africans (White) and Australians, and so take the english tendency of deferment? reserve... as being condescending, when it isnt.

*There is a caveat here regarding my own current wo-rk, and i've written about that, my bad!
Jesus fucking Christ...you are lost.
The fact you would spend so much on this is...fucking wow.
Amusing but predictable.

Sure is a lot of thought going into something so meaningless.

Saying that "I don't believe your family history" is an insult is total Bullshit.
You are now invisible...gone...blank.
Anyone of your fragility should not be here.
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 am
Yeah it's lost on you because you aren't as smart as you think and your act is just that an act..a pretentious veneer of armor to protect the fragile factory fodder little boy inside.

It sad.

What did they do to you?
What's sad is your obvious jealously and bitterness that someone with no helping hand can get themselves out of the pit they were raised in, even worse that you want to drag everyone else back down into the level you are in.

Maybe you've never worked in a factory, not for boys Pat. No armour needed to protect me from you. No act of knowledge where I have it and willingness to own up when I don't. Guess your just trolling, whilst at w-ork... very sad.
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 am Jesus fucking Christ...you are lost.
Amusing but predictable.
I do it whilst processing and re listening to meaningless noise. Spent much longer talking to Luke and even longer on articles that get published... and you either waste time reading it, or like you did with Nietzsche criticise without reading it.
Not as much as the guys at the LHC. Guess you didn't read my reply. And there is a whole literature and art form called Existentialism, which eventually by the trickle down process you copy, pity though you don't get its narrative.
Saying that "I don't believe your family history" is an insult is total Bullshit.
Lost me again? I don't know your family history, so not insulting you, I know my own back to grandparents? And I never said "I don't believe your family history" - did a search here, phrase appears once - and that's you.
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 am You are now invisible...gone...blank.

What? What is this place a MENS locker room or something?

I think partly your pissed because you sense that what you call noise and is meaningful is in fact a mistake on your part. Sort of a performance art based on 1950s / 60s stuff but in appearance only, not understanding the reasons for such wo-rk in the context of art. Sad. Very sad, no wonder you are angry and bitter. There... but you really could wo-rk this out. Its not rocket science. You see you dismiss the very people who are responsible for the kind of stuff you do. The cerulean blue scene in the Devil Wear Prada.

I think the fragility is you wanting meaning and sense there might not be any father Christmas. Maybe its cruel to argue with you in that case.
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

Existentialism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the view of the existentialist, the individual's starting point is characterized by what has been called "the existential angst" (or variably, existential attitude, dread, etc.), or a sense of disorientation, confusion, or dread in the face of an apparently meaningless or absurd world.

Notable directors known for their existentialist films include Ingmar Bergman, Franxc3xa7ois Truffaut, Jean-Luc Godard, Michelangelo Antonioni, Akira Kurosawa, Terrence Malick, Stanley Kubrick, Andrei Tarkovsky, Hideaki Anno, Wes Anderson, Gaspar Noxc3xa9, Woody Allen, and Christopher Nolan

Existential perspectives are also found in modern literature.. Louis-Ferdinand Cxc3xa9line's Journey to the End of the Night (celebrated by both Sartre and Beauvoir, Albert Camus, Franz Kafka, Rainer Maria Rilke, T.S. Eliot, Herman Hesse, Luigi Pirandello, The philosophy's influence even reached pulp literature shortly after the turn of the 20th century, as seen in the existential disparity witnessed in Man's lack of control of his fate in the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Books such as Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (1968) (now republished as Blade Runner) by Philip K. Dick, Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk and Formless Meanderings by Bharath Srinivasan[98] all distort the line between reality and appearance while simultaneously espousing existential themes.

https://www.westword.com/music/ten-musi ... sm-5713453

ETC.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:19 am

It sad.

What did they do to you?
What's sad is your obvious jealously and bitterness that someone with no helping hand can get themselves out of the pit they were raised in, even worse that you want to drag everyone else back down into the level you are in.

Maybe you've never worked in a factory, not for boys Pat. No armour needed to protect me from you. No act of knowledge where I have it and willingness to own up when I don't. Guess your just trolling, whilst at w-ork... very sad.
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 am Jesus fucking Christ...you are lost.
Amusing but predictable.
I do it whilst processing and re listening to meaningless noise. Spent much longer talking to Luke and even longer on articles that get published... and you either waste time reading it, or like you did with Nietzsche criticise without reading it.
Not as much as the guys at the LHC. Guess you didn't read my reply. And there is a whole literature and art form called Existentialism, which eventually by the trickle down process you copy, pity though you don't get its narrative.
Lost me again? I don't know your family history, so not insulting you, I know my own back to grandparents? And I never said "I don't believe your family history" - did a search here, phrase appears once - and that's you.
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:37 am You are now invisible...gone...blank.

What? What is this place a MENS locker room or something?

I think partly your pissed because you sense that what you call noise and is meaningful is in fact a mistake on your part. Sort of a performance art based on 1950s / 60s stuff but in appearance only, not understanding the reasons for such wo-rk in the context of art. Sad. Very sad, no wonder you are angry and bitter. There... but you really could wo-rk this out. Its not rocket science. You see you dismiss the very people who are responsible for the kind of stuff you do. The cerulean blue scene in the Devil Wear Prada.

I think the fragility is you wanting meaning and sense there might not be any father Christmas. Maybe its cruel to argue with you in that case.

TLDR
Reading what you wrote would validate you and you do a good enough job of that on ypur own
I told you not to dissect what I wrote so yeah I'm not Reading it.
Its meaningless per your words so...why bother. Fucking duh. Insane.

Also you brought this topic into another thread. Your self importance betrays your act...you're showing your ass more than usual.
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:24 am
TLDR
OK - you missed this "and you either waste time reading it, or like you did with Nietzsche criticise without reading it. "

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:24 am Also you brought this topic into another thread. Your self importance betrays your act...you're showing your ass more than usual.
No - you did - you were obviously referring to me, and how bitter and jealous you are to the extent of wanting to be a shit kid.
Not to worry Pat, you still have time to learn that your "Art" is based on existentialism = meaninglessness...

Short enough for you.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:31 am Old man yells at cloud.
place holder