Catalogue of JLIAT project Genus-Eodaaaaeteaorad

Moderator: Modulators

JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

JLIAT FREE HARSH NOISE
(Part of a series of improvised un-edited works)
----------------------------
http://jliat.com/Catalogue.txt

Xasanejeneioc

Vonapir
---------------------------

Viroeitovejov

Vinanatidijocel

Vapadobauisoeeg

Sodapit

Sexeiiwatof

Qasenigasasif

Papapeiaseq

Oaoboobioxaan

Niyojofeeoqiaoo

Newetaneb

Nemoi

Naporaneretoniy

Mem

Levea

Kilawepav

Kaiagenafaoau

Fanifeuewapebix

Eewobec

Eageyirekiies

Diiopiqeloeinazab

Cim

Bofowieiheiedecaq

Bayoyovogac

Banadaeipabojeyoc

JLIAT FREE HARSH NOISE
(Part of a series of improvised un-edited works)

To be continued...

Korg Pandora PX50
Kaos Pad KP3+
Kaoss Pad Mini V1
Kaoss Pad Mini V2
Roland Bitrazer
Make Noise Qpas
Dave Smith DSM03
2hp LFO
2hp Rnd
2hp TM
Make Noise Wogglebug
Make Noise Moddemix
Make Noise Brains
Make Noise Presure Points
uBursts
Make Noise Phnogene
Make Noise Morphogene
Make Noise Teleharmonic
Make Noise Maths
Make Noise Echophon
Cara Random Sampler
Ritual Electronics Misama
Ritual Electronics Crime
Make Noise 0-Coast
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Catalogue of JLIAT project Genus-Eodaaaaeteaorad

Post by RUBBISH »

Are the titles just...whatever?
I get they're unedited raw tracks just curious.
I end up with somewhat similar titles when I'm recording but with numbers so I know that yuhuop 3 came before tuygn 5.

Sodapit sounds like a real noise name :D
Sodapit - Daycare Disaster C10
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm Are the titles just...whatever?
I end up with somewhat similar titles when I'm recording but with numbers so I know that yuhuop 3 came before tuygn 5.

I had a problem with titles, so in the end made a program to generate them. Something like any letter..., vowel... etc. random loop...
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:27 am
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm Are the titles just...whatever?

I had a problem with titles, so in the end made a program to generate them. Something like any letter..., vowel... etc. random loop...
Untitled and titles like this...randomly generated...for actual releases or finished tracks I can't stand.
I won't..can't... listen to things with no effort in the naming. No names.no titles.
I just can't do it.

If something isn't valuable enough to name its not valuable enough for me to recognize. It may as well not exist.

As a concept untitled or randomly generated non title titles I understand but after the first one the next 10 or 100 untitled tracks and releases are near worthless...

I am biased as I never seem to have issues with bestowing names upon my things.
Not being able to name my creations would be hellish for me...would drive me nuts.
place holder
timdrage
Noise Artist

Post by timdrage »

I have more band names and track titles than I have bands or tracks :D Many of them are randomly generated but selected for found 'meaning' or poetry rather than completely random :)
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 am
Untitled and titles like this...randomly generated...for actual releases or finished tracks I can't stand.
I won't..can't... listen to things with no effort in the naming. No names.no titles.
I just can't do it.
Please yourself, there was considerable effort on my part, I first decided on using MOD Rainbow codes, then Vietnam Ops, but that IMO would skew the idea of the work as non representational abstract sounds. So I took some time and effort into writing my own program... Of course it follows that you judge a book by its cover... or your jeans by the label? I cant imagine you do. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet - but in your case maybe not?
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 am If something isn't valuable enough to name its not valuable enough for me to recognize. It may as well not exist.
Alternatively naming something reduces it to a name. And in my case giving a name to a piece which would identify it would be wrong. Maybe you've read Tom Wolfes painted word. Art does not illustrate words, and writing off art or people by words is IMO wrong.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 am As a concept untitled or randomly generated non title titles I understand but after the first one the next 10 or 100 untitled tracks and releases are near worthless...
We disagree. Many significant works have the 'untitled' title. Others the date, others names given by others. Sometimes derogatory... Impressionism, Minimalism. So you think the name makes a work worth while? Odd?
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 am I am biased as I never seem to have issues with bestowing names upon my things.
Not being able to name my creations would be hellish for me...would drive me nuts.
But do you really think the name gives the work value? Barnett Newman called his paintings, Adam, Eve...etc. and latter in response to a critic, a series called "Whose afraid of red yellow and blue".
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I once saw a lecture with a question and answer section of a well known expressionist painting who was losing his shit over some of the "misinterpretations" of his work.

I don't recall his name or what he named his works but I've always felt that the artist has to be open to interpretation of their work especially if its abstract or untitled.
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:43 am I once saw a lecture with a question and answer section of a well known expressionist painting who was losing his shit over some of the "misinterpretations" of his work.

I don't recall his name or what he named his works but I've always felt that the artist has to be open to interpretation of their work especially if its abstract or untitled.
Ugh! Can of worms. But sure 'The intentional Fallacy' I think if the artist places her/his work in the public domain they should expect whatever, that they often don't like this is nothing unusual.

But there is interpretation and misinterpretation. The hostile reaction to impressionism, The nutsy's degenerate art exhibition... though to the Saatchi Sensations exhibition.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Go back to the occult thread...I think the power of naming is mentioned.

Not correcting misspellings..amd...!

The table called a bomb shelter becomes a bomb shelter and not just a rickety old wood table...the naming makes it more..the name gives it power.

Why you didnt use the Vietnam operation names is because they gave your creations meaning you didnt want them to have. In your mind it empowered them with the wrong power...a suite of noise based on America's part in the Vietnam war would be a very Interesting and if done with your level of exatitude would be pretty damn great I'm betting.

Actually labels do matter...wrangler jeans don't fit the same as Levi jeans. Wal-Mart shoes do not for the same as Nike shoes.
I do think Wal-Mart corn chips are better than name brand fritos. Be brand aware shop right...haha
Now I dont buy for the name...that's fucked up consumerist sickness.

Anyhow names matter...other wise your work becomes mine to do with as I please as Ad mentions above untitled means your intent and control of your creation can be lost and thereby the point context and value of your creation.

I have a track somewhere called...Untitled is the title.
Too bad there isn't a record of the old I heart noise...I have bitched about untitled noise from the beginning. It sucks to me and it seems lazy and I don't care for it.
And yes if the point is to be untitled I understand and abstractions and fluxus dada type whatevers I get it...but again and again its just boring ans if you're gonna write a damn book to explain the creation maybe give it a fucking title but then ego and business and career and lame Psuedo philosophic academic gallery fuckery.

Yes a book just called BOOK and all the text was just random words is greatly hilariously artful bit only once...thr next BOOK of random words isnt fonna have the dame heft and impact as the first one.
...now BOOK where each BOOK actually had different random text(that's doable with on demand printing) would up the artfullness.

Making a program to title them is a great idea but randomly opening a book will also work.

Don't title things but please drop the excuse that the lack of a title is somehow part of the craft...dude just say I can't think of anything but I still wanna make noise so suck it...thats a better reason
:viking:

Ah just messing....

Sanitary Expert - Total Cleanse c15
1 Eugenical Evangelical
2 Bleach
3 Germ Free Corps
4 Mask & Gloves
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am Go back to the occult thread...I think the power of naming is mentioned.
Give me the quotes?
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am
The table called a bomb shelter becomes a bomb shelter and not just a rickety old wood table...the naming makes it more..the name gives it power.
Nope xe2x80x93 our neighbours cat hides under our be -d when frightened., and as far as i'm aware doesn't name it xe2x80x9cCat shelterxe2x80x9d. Plus a rickty old wood table would be useless. OK power of words xe2x80x93 you need $300 for dental work, here is the money $300.00. OK?
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am Why you didnt use the Vietnam operation names is because they gave your creations meaning you didnt want them to have.
No xe2x80x93 it might make others think they were about Vietnam, and they are not.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am In your mind it empowered them with the wrong power...a suite of noise based on America's part in the Vietnam war would be a very Interesting and if done with your level of exatitude would be pretty damn great I'm betting.
But miss the point of noise having no meaning. Merzbow's bloddy sea is a good example, or The Rita's Skate...
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am Actually labels do matter...wrangler jeans don't fit the same as Levi jeans. Wal-Mart shoes do not for the same as Nike shoes.
So according to your xe2x80x9cthe name gives it power.xe2x80x9d theory swapping the labels on the jeans would make them fit differently. And calling the table Corona virus protector would stop the virus if you were under it...
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am I do think Wal-Mart corn chips are better than name brand fritos. Be brand aware shop right...haha
Now I dont buy for the name...that's fucked up consumerist sickness.

Anyhow names matter...other wise your work becomes mine to do with as I please
It is. Its Free.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am as Ad mentions above untitled means your intent and control of your creation can be lost and thereby the point context and value of your creation.
The 'Untitled' title has high art / abstract art connotations, I don't want. xe2x80x9cTitling, as E. H. Gombrich has observed, xe2x80x9cis a by-product of the mobility of imagesxe2x80x9d; and before the rise of the art market, the growth of public exhibitions, and the development of the reproductive print, the mobility of images was distinctly limited. xe2x80x9c - interesting..
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am I have a track somewhere called...Untitled is the title.
Too bad there isn't a record of the old I heart noise...I have bitched about untitled noise from the beginning. It sucks to me and it seems lazy and I don't care for it.
And yes if the point is to be untitled I understand and abstractions and fluxus dada type whatevers I get it...but again and again its just boring ans if you're gonna write a damn book to explain the creation maybe give it a fucking title but then ego and business and career and lame Psuedo philosophic academic gallery fuckery.
Seems that titling is part of the commodification of art. And sure using 'untitled' is a title...
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am Yes a book just called BOOK and all the text was just random words is greatly hilariously artful bit only once...thr next BOOK of random words isnt fonna have the dame heft and impact as the first one.
...now BOOK where each BOOK actually had different random text(that's doable with on demand printing) would up the artfullness.
Its comparatively easy to have HTML text random alter each time you open it, or at set intervals, you can do much the same in WORD. I could have 'improvised' the titles by hitting random keys, but I wanted word like text strings...
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am Making a program to title them is a great idea but randomly opening a book will also work.
Yes I could do that, but what book.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:05 am Don't title things but please drop the excuse that the lack of a title is somehow part of the craft...dude just say I can't think of anything but I still wanna make noise so suck it...thats a better reason
I don't see noise as a craft, or anything to do with craft or skill or value. Purposeless purpose...