Intrusive Signals zine

Moderator: Modulators

Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Re: Intrusive Signals zine

Post by Soloman Tump »

:die:
Pigswill wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:38 pm Got a copy of issue #1 yesterday. The interviews are fantastic. I also really enjoyed the short but sweet album reviews at the end. Top notch as usual :rockon:

Thanks so much! It was fun to make. 8-)
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Issue 3 is well underway.... some exciting content coming together.

I have a couple of copies left which are now up on my bandcamp as well as the limited run page. Happy to trade if anyone is interested, PM me.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Issue 3 coming March 2022. Excited for this one.

In depth interviews and art from:
Scum Alice
Himukalt
Chlorine
Brachliegen Tapes

Words from me on:
Tyrannic Horizon
Split release culture
Coldsore

Also:
Lucidet - maze artwork
Neurographic Art from JT
And some other last minute bits that might creep in
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Got my issues in the mail last week. I've been enjoying #3. The interviews are all interesting and entertaining. I like how the artists are introduced in relation to the author. It's turned me onto some interesting musicians like Chlorine and Himukalt (the latter of which had some really vivid imagery about the magic draw of a streetlamp which stemmed from a simple question about what's out the window). The Scum Alice interview was great too, answering a lot of questions about the music and its creation. Plus the SPL-ITS article related to the forums was a great inclusion. I also definitely appreciate the shout-outs to moon musiq and GEMS!
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

it's really fucked up to thing to admit, but I hardly ever have the patience to read things unless I can reply to the text. but it looked cool and new. maybe I'll try playing some noise at the same time...
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Social_Drift wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:06 am it's really fucked up to thing to admit, but I hardly ever have the patience to read things unless I can reply to the text. but it looked cool and new. maybe I'll try playing some noise at the same time...
You can reply to me here if you like! :rofl:
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Pigswill wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:36 pm Got my issues in the mail last week. I've been enjoying #3. The interviews are all interesting and entertaining. I like how the artists are introduced in relation to the author. It's turned me onto some interesting musicians like Chlorine and Himukalt (the latter of which had some really vivid imagery about the magic draw of a streetlamp which stemmed from a simple question about what's out the window). The Scum Alice interview was great too, answering a lot of questions about the music and its creation. Plus the SPL-ITS article related to the forums was a great inclusion. I also definitely appreciate the shout-outs to moon musiq and GEMS!
Himukalt was very forthcoming for an interview - I was very happy with how that worked out! She makes some amazing music, and has a real story to tell.

Was fun including the splits stuff, I wanted to include more quotes from board members but I kinda ran out of space and my page could was already getting bigger. I didn't want to reduce the font size too much so that's how I left it.

my next zine will be smaller in terms of page count. Maybe 2 or 3 folded sheets at most? Gonna be more of a bulletin / newsletter with maybe 1 interview, reviews and stuff. I can then print them off myself - the complete ballache with the printing service I used this time around was a joke and the costs have gone up loads since I last did it. The other option was to go "more professional" but there's no way I can compete with the likes of Noise Receptor Journal (and nor do I want to) - so I think I shall keep it DIY. That keeps me happy and in control of whats going on.

So yeah, going back to total DIY. Smaller page count also means cheaper postage, which is also a massive cost right now. Also considering a PDF option again so international people / distro's can print their own? Dunno. Just an idea.

Happy to hear peoples thoughts on this!
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

Soloman Tump wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:52 am
Social_Drift wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:06 am it's really fucked up to thing to admit, but I hardly ever have the patience to read things unless I can reply to the text. but it looked cool and new. maybe I'll try playing some noise at the same time...
lol do you really want that?
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Social_Drift wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:04 am
Well of course. If you read my zine and have any questions, i'm happy to chat about it!
I am always looking for feedback. I usually don't hear from people so I never know what the majority think. But then I guess on average people seem to think they are ok because whenever I release a new one, some people buy them? I dunno.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

Soloman Tump wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:17 am
Social_Drift wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:04 am

Well of course. If you read my zine and have any questions, i'm happy to chat about it!
I am always looking for feedback. I usually don't hear from people so I never know what the majority think. But then I guess on average people seem to think they are ok because whenever I release a new one, some people buy them? I dunno.
questions? ok I'll think about it