Moderator: Modulators

Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Re: Art

Post by Indeterminacy »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:18 am

Its obviously contrived and is just not good
I dont like this style..I will title this art shit

I see the relation of these pieces to noise but ah...hall and oates is better than most noise. hump
1. All art is contrived.
2. Why don't you like it?
3. This has nothing to do with noise.
..........and Hall & Oates is better than most music. ( noise is not music. )

How about this one? A real Basquiat.
Unbleached Titanium - circa 1983
image.jpg
Viewed 1503 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Indeterminacy wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:08 pm
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:18 am

Its obviously contrived and is just not good
I dont like this style..I will title this art shit

I see the relation of these pieces to noise but ah...hall and oates is better than most noise. hump
1. All art is contrived.
2. Why don't you like it?
3. This has nothing to do with noise.
..........and Hall & Oates is better than most music. ( noise is not music. )

How about this one? A real Basquiat.
Unbleached Titanium - circa 1983

1..I mean contrived in the corporate negative derogatory sense not the literal sense dont get all Jliat bro

2..I dont like it because it lacks soul.
The lack of soul is hard to describe..but again like with the last piece if you put this with a grouping and in real life it would come across differently

3..I applied the noise connection since this is part of noisewikki...noisecentric...but ah yeah maybe sometimes noise is not music but that's a whole nother jliathole(not a derogatory term...in his honor) of a discussion.
...and I dunno....looks like he made that just to make it..not like he had to make it the need to make it...the need that made his art so valuable..the soul he investes in thoae need based works. This one isnt that good but in a grouping I could see its value as a single object rather a photo...nope dont like it. If I could look at the real one.
place holder
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:00 pm dont get all Jliat bro
Please don't compare me to that Zoilist.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Indeterminacy wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:57 pm
Its like I'm Fucking your clemmonhole buddy
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

Indeterminacy wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:57 pm
I think that seems like calling me out - I thought that was not in the rules?

Basquiat was part of the post-modern 'Art Market' which exploited him, and in his case killed him. What is significant is the authenticity of the work, as your forgery shows. Its like Noise as anyone can do it, has little aesthetic or other value, yet unlike noise can be sold in a market at huge prices. I've been reading about the Koons Celebration project, and the Hirst - Love of God... exercises in marketing... some might find obscene, for me interesting but irrelevant.

By the way I do hope you don't get banned for rule breaking, obviously I've done something to upset you, for which I apologise, though if its having views different to yours i'm afraid i'm not going to do anything about that other than be as polite as I can.
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

He took the name Homeromastix (xe1xbdx89xcexbcxcexb7xcfx81xcexbfxcexbcxcexacxcfx83xcfx84xcexb9xcexbe "Homer whipper"; gen.: xe1xbdx89xcexbcxcexb7xcfx81xcexbfxcexbcxcexacxcfx83xcfx84xcexb9xcexb3xcexbfxcfx82)

I must admit i'm no fan of the Simpsons.
However, the Homeric Question led to his name becoming a byword for harsh and malignant criticism: in antiquity he gained the name "Homeromastix," "scourge of Homer"; in the modern period, Cervantes calls Zoilus a "slanderer" in the preface to Don Quixote and there is also a (now disused) proverb, "Every poet has his Zoilus." Since his writings do not survive, it is impossible to know whether this caricature is justified.
Typical!
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

JLIAT wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:43 am
Basquiat was part of the post-modern 'Art Market' which exploited him, and in his case killed him.
No.
A heroin overdose killed him.
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

Indeterminacy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 am
Basquiat was part of the post-modern 'Art Market' which exploited him, and in his case killed him.
No.
A tree killed Jackson Pollack

A shotgun killed Kurt Cobain

et al.
Many of his peers speculated that his heroin use was a means of coping with the demands of his newfound fame, the exploitative nature of the art industry, and the pressures of being a black man in the white-dominated art world.[
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:36 am
Indeterminacy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 am
No.
A tree killed Jackson Pollack

A shotgun killed Kurt Cobain

et al.
Many of his peers speculated that his heroin use was a means of coping with the demands of his newfound fame, the exploitative nature of the art industry, and the pressures of being a black man in the white-dominated art world.[

Heroin is an object and can have no blame its just a thing.
The art world is made up of scummy wicked manipulative non artistic business people that use and take advantage of creative and troubled non business people (in general)...worse than dope dealers.(never been friends with a..lets say traditional... gallery owner and never will)

The art world did kill basquiat and Andy Warhol deserved the shooting he got.

The anger and hate i have for galleries and owners is rather intense...I'm not gonna explain...it should be self evident especially if you're a part of that world and if you don't see the problem that's because you are the problem.

Side note...I am just goofing with jliat orly
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

^^^^^

Absolutely true.
Shortly before his death, Rothko and his financial advisor, Bernard Reis, had created a foundation, intended to fund "research and education", that would receive the bulk of Rothko's work following his death. Reis later sold the paintings to the Marlborough Gallery, at substantially reduced values, and then split the profits from sales with Gallery representatives. In 1971, Rothko's children filed a lawsuit against Reis, Morton Levine, and Theodore Stamos, the executors of his estate, over the sham sales. The lawsuit continued for more than 10 years, and became known as the Rothko Case. In 1975, the defendants were found liable for negligence and conflict of interest, were removed as executors of the Rothko estate by court order, and, along with Marlborough Gallery, were required to pay a $9.2 million damages judgment to the estate. This amount represents only a small fraction of the eventual vast financial value, since achieved, by numerous Rothko works produced in his lifetime.[