Images that will get your Facebook account restricted

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Images that will get your Facebook account restricted

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:29 am At work I was told it takes 5 months of results for our AI to learn something.
I've been there 6 months and it still seems to have not learned a damn thing...I hate it.
Maybe next month it will be intelligent?
Wut?

Jokes aside the way this shit learns is really only by being told or trained by a dataset. So basically to train the AI you have to take hundreds or thousands of labeled images and compile them into a dataset using markers. So for each image it'll look at the features that are common between all the images in the dataset with the same label.

When shown a new image not in the dataset it will report a percentage that it matches 0 being no match .5 being a partial match and I being an exact match.

It gets more complicated when there are multiple subjects within the image and then it'll try to match sub features with the composite image.

So for example the hamburger ball gag image was viral and it must have been trained on it specifically. But images where the gag is obscured or not large in the frame don't score well and don't get identified.

This is sort if the problem with AI or machine learning. Or perhaps explains why we see faces in tree bark. Or get scared by laundry piled in a chair when it's a darkened room.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:59 am
RUBBISH wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:29 am At work I was told it takes 5 months of results for our AI to learn something.
I've been there 6 months and it still seems to have not learned a damn thing...I hate it.
Maybe next month it will be intelligent?
Wut?
Its an inventory ordering AI that's supposed to be more efficient than a person but its a stupidly designed AI that can't account for local vagaries that a human can account for.

By stupidly designed I mean its not getting those odd local data sets that can only be had by being on location and knowing your customers. The input data is basicly just sales and disposal of unused product so it cant account for the whims of local customers.

One example of the AI learning and not learning.
One lady...cucumber lady...is pretty much the only person that buys bags of tri color kale and only on saturdays. She won't buy it if it's been sitting around all week.
The AI has finally learned after 6 damn months to ship a box on Friday and not on Monday!
A human would have sorted this out the 1st week or so.
It still hasn't figured out the cucumber issue and we always have way too many english cucumbers...fucking way way too many.
I get mad about having to throw away $50 or more of damn floppy cucumbers.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:23 am
Its an inventory ordering AI that's supposed to be more efficient than a person but its a stupidly designed AI that can't account for local vagaries that a human can account for.

By stupidly designed I mean its not getting those odd local data sets that can only be had by being on location and knowing your customers. The input data is basicly just sales and disposal of unused product so it cant account for the whims of local customers.

One example of the AI learning and not learning.
One lady...cucumber lady...is pretty much the only person that buys bags of tri color kale and only on saturdays. She won't buy it if it's been sitting around all week.
The AI has finally learned after 6 damn months to ship a box on Friday and not on Monday!
A human would have sorted this out the 1st week or so.
It still hasn't figured out the cucumber issue and we always have way too many english cucumbers...fucking way way too many.
I get mad about having to throw away $50 or more of damn floppy cucumbers.
Oh right.. I forgot about your new job.. I was trying to imagine what AI you were talking about at your previous job.. lol

I've been having my own issues with the low supply of the brands of root beer I like and then when they do have it they'll put it on sale where you have to buy pretty much all the stock they have on hand to get the savings. I have on occasion told the clerk I need a couple of cases of such and such and they put in an order for it and I can pick it up later. One day they soda guy was stocking and there were cases of the rootbeer I wanted on the pallete and none on the shelf. I asked him if I could get one off the pallete but he hesitated and said they're not for sale yet and I was sorta like.. uh really? c'mon man they're right there... anyway he got one off the pallete for me.. sheesh

Anyway what you are describinh is a bit different than what I was talking about.. I mean it is pattern recognition but I think it'd be better described as an algorithm. Surely their systems is aware of when inventory is being purchased versus it's shelf life or maybe not but awareness and how to respond to this data has to be programmed. The AI is going to learn how to do this on it's own. Once you've "taught it" to stock things close to when they get purchased so they don't expire then that can be applied to most products. In theory if you add new products to the inventory it should adapt but here's the catch.. if it's a new product and they don't have data for it then the AI will have to sythesize that data based on similar products so hopefully if you get a new kind of cucumber it'll use the data from other cucumbers to guess how much is needed and when to stock it etc and not say apply the data from a box a Twinkies.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

This comment was meant ironically but AI doesn't understand irony
image.png
Viewed 840 times
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

This was in a post from 2016