noise sharts

Moderator: Modulators

banned
Merzfinity

noise sharts

Post by banned »

who is popular
how could we compile such a task. Adrian?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: noise charts

Post by NoiseWiki »

drift wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:39 am
who is popular
how could we compile such a task. Adrian?
It'd be really hard to get an accurate measure of this. The barcodes on mainstream music and direct sales used to be the primary way to chart. Most noise being DIY or sold online doesn't have this kind of info readily available. Probably the easiest way to get an idea would be by scanning discogs for noise releases and tracking how many people say they have copies or want copies. For example when I was trying to buy a copy of every release from the Harsh Noise label you get an idea of which ones were popular from this info. Oddly enough because Tim at some point was only printing them on demand the least popular ones are scarce and therefore potentially more expensive to acquire. One of the last ones he put out is really scarce and I may never get a copy of it but I'm still looking
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

If you filter #harshnoise tag on bandcamp and search by new / popular releases you can get an idea of what is selling well on there.

But the problem there is you get a lot of punk / rock stuff that also use the #noise so you still have to sort through it
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

Soloman Tump wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:02 am If you filter #harshnoise tag on bandcamp and search by new / popular releases you can get an idea of what is selling well on there.

But the problem there is you get a lot of punk / rock stuff that also use the #noise so you still have to sort through it
I'd need to see the algorithm to be sure :ugeek:
banned
Merzfinity

Re: noise sharts

Post by banned »

* charts, obviously wtf