social media

Moderator: Modulators

banned
Merzfinity

social media

Post by banned »

I have four followers on Instagram and five Facebook friends. do you think that the internet is less about interaction, and more about self assertive marketability? not to be sporty, but the paper I read now has a section on which football stars are trending on twitter etc.. it's completely vacuous, without content.

you're no-one until someone follows you.
banned
Merzfinity

Re: social media

Post by banned »

a new form of capital, to add to erotic social and cultural capital.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

drift wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:22 am I have four followers on Instagram and five Facebook friends. do you think that the internet is less about interaction, and more about self assertive marketability? not to be sporty, but the paper I read now has a section on which football stars are trending on twitter etc.. it's completely vacuous, without content.

you're no-one until someone follows you.
You would have more followers if you didn't keep leaving and deleting everyone!

But yes, it's a hideous place.

Apparently the new Instagram algorithm favours video / reels content over photos. It's turning into TikTok!

My love/HATE relationship with insta continues to be strained. Might take another month off soon. Each time I step away from it, I find I haven't missed much when I get back.

Aside from the occasional gig or release announcement it's a complete shit show.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

it's all just a con to work out our psychology and feed us stuff. like a pig in a cage on antibiotics. haha
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

talking about "cons", I am being spammed with loads of fake quotes today. IDGI. there seems to be a large and burgeoning industry in them, but I do not know how the capital is being made.

maybe a smug flarfy kinda thing.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

you get fake Facebook inspirational quotes, then google them and you get them on high ranking google results, then check them in google books and you get books of quotes which include then, then look for them by the author... and nothing.

maybe it's just a means to make literature more palatable and marketable. funny if so.