The Noisecore Thread

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: The Noisecore Thread

Post by RUBBISH »

WhiteWarlock wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:01 am Can any of you actually play or have played grindcore or noisecore?
Didn't think so...
it's no wonder why supposedly so many in noise scene "hate" music...
yet of course they listen to it most of the time & are obsessively well versed in many genres...

Total improv...Noah rabbit girls playing a drum pad with his fingers me yelling and making up stuff on A guitar..again total improv
This is NoT from 2011 but from 2003 or so

And another...we did like 30 minutes 10 songs of this just goofing around one day

There are a couple more videos but other than that never really did anything with this.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

WhiteWarlock wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:14 am
Heh.. I worked for the company that made this video
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

Rabbit Girls is good stuff IMO...
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:17 am Heh.. I worked for the company that made this video
Was that shot in South Loop near Chinatown across the street from my old loft on Federal???
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

WhiteWarlock wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:25 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:17 am Heh.. I worked for the company that made this video
Was that shot in South Loop near Chinatown across the street from my old loft on Federal???
That sounds about right but I don't exactly recall it was like 30 years ago
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:26 am
it was under the skyway.... with wall covered in graffiti... that was story was told in early 90s...
the federal loft was so epic beyond mere words... in total wasteland surrounded by 3 junkyards... we threw raves...
6000sqfoot for 1000 month with elevator... we built out the space... good times... have B&W35mm prints/negs around here
so epic the cops tore it all down for building giant cop shop on that exact location...
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:26 am
watch the video again... closely... that is Halsted & 19th... under the skyway... see the Redline train?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... =noisecore
1. Noisecore is a synonym for noise rock, an extremely fast and volatile combination of punk rock and noise music. Examples include Lightning Bolt and Melt Banana.

2. Noisecore can refer to grindcore (an extreme combination of metal and punk) combined with noise music. This style focuses on speed and chaos rather than musicianship or structure. Examples include Anal Cunt and Gore Beyond Necropsy.

3. Noisecore is occasionally used to describe hardcore techno, an electronic music style that developed in the 1990's in New York, Rotterdam, and Newcastle. Examples include Anabolic Frolic and Ethos.

Noisecore is not related to any subgenre of metalcore, or metalcore itself. Some bands incorrectly referred to as noisecore such as Dillinger Escape Plan and Coalesce are not influenced by noise music and do not incorporate it into their respective sounds at all.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=shitcore
While it's popular to refer to various commercial nu metal and emo bands (as well as some non-commercial punk bands) as shitcore, shitcore as a genre is actually something quite different. It's a pretty self-deprecating and no-fi form of underground music (some of the only real underground music there is currently) that is deliberately awful and humorously pathetic, often created with (or with the help of) shitty computer programs. There are ACTUALLY subgenres within shitcore, ranging from shitgrind to shit rap even, and the lyrics are often obsessed with coprophilia, gay sex, murder, myself, pedophilia, Hitler, and anything else that can be blatantly offensive, stupid, politically incorrect, or all-around gross.
Examples of shitcore include 50 Ways To Kill Me, Suicidal Rap Orgy, Hitlerbuttsecks, and Kitten Felcher (of which I am a member myself -- good for me, I get an air biscuit).
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

OK, so in retrospect Noisecore is more "noise-adjacent" than it is full-on Noise. I listen to a lot of the stuff that's more "harsh noise with blast beats" than just incoherent grindcore, which gave me the idea that maybe noisecore could be seen as "noise" for the purpose of the noise forum.

Speaking of harsh noise with blast beats, go listen to Scab Addict:
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 42px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/alb ... rent=true/" seamless><a href=" w/ Methlab Explosion by Scab Addict</a></iframe>
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair