Pointless bands

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Pointless bands

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:24 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Considering that John lyndon has become a fat slob of a republican it makes U2s slide into mediocrity seem less offensive

I think he wears that to be 'punk' and piss people off and I think him wearing that shirt is about 90 degrees off from why Boyd wears the shirt.

I dont want these bands to not exist because I need them to react to and be angry at amd make fun of them and thier fans. Honestly it seem the fans are even worse than the 'horrible' bands and musicians.
Beatles fans being a good example.
The Beatles are not gods but thier fans act like they are and that in turn causes me to react negatively to the band even though they do have some actual great music(sorry not sorry but a lot of that I wanna hold your hand era crap is shitty pop shit and yeah its catchy but its not special to me so fuck off)
I dunno.. at some point when you troll the same angle long enough it's no longer just trolling which is definitely the case for Boyd Rice
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:37 am
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:24 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Considering that John lyndon has become a fat slob of a republican it makes U2s slide into mediocrity seem less offensive

I think he wears that to be 'punk' and piss people off and I think him wearing that shirt is about 90 degrees off from why Boyd wears the shirt.

I dont want these bands to not exist because I need them to react to and be angry at amd make fun of them and thier fans. Honestly it seem the fans are even worse than the 'horrible' bands and musicians.
Beatles fans being a good example.
The Beatles are not gods but thier fans act like they are and that in turn causes me to react negatively to the band even though they do have some actual great music(sorry not sorry but a lot of that I wanna hold your hand era crap is shitty pop shit and yeah its catchy but its not special to me so fuck off)
I dunno.. at some point when you troll the same angle long enough it's no longer just trolling which is definitely the case for Boyd Rice
Johnny I think is a lot like Mykel Board with that stuff and whatever its just fashionable antifashion and contraianism and fuxk you-ism.
Boyd is self admittedly what he is...and all those other things.

Anyhow...there's a lot that could be said but ah yeah but no
place holder
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I am not going to argue that music of any kind is truly "pointless" beyond the greater pointlessness of everything we feebly attempt as moribund denizens of a decaying universe. Even those abstract/"modern art" paintings you can find in Taco Bells and hotel rooms and on disposable paper cups serve a function, however base (full disclosure: I have not been inside a TB in ~7-8 years, but I remember they had mass-produced, hazy, diluted, psudeo-Mexican ambience-creating artwork decorating the walls in many, if not all, locations).

I will say (again) that a lot of music is equivalent to what I've described above. Yes, it's pablum. Yes, if you want to be a stupid know-it-all, no-fun personality, everything on this Earth is ultimately pointless. Let's just kill ourselves now, then.

I do have a bone to pick with regressive-progressive rock, crust punk (read: Tragedycore), dad-blues and a few others, though.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am
Johnny I think is a lot like Mykel Board with that stuff and whatever its just fashionable antifashion and contraianism and fuxk you-ism.
Boyd is self admittedly what he is...and all those other things.

Anyhow...there's a lot that could be said but ah yeah but no
At least Boyd and Board have not turned into a literal pile of human shit ;-)
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

xc2xbe dead wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:12 pm I am not going to argue that music of any kind is truly "pointless" beyond the greater pointlessness of everything we feebly attempt as moribund denizens of a decaying universe.
Sure but that seems to be the actual point of HNW and anything that uses some variation of this logo?
image.png
Viewed 1431 times
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

The short answer is: IDK.
---
It's a philosophical question with a lot of different answers. Ultimately, I think it depends on who you ask. For some people, nihilism is the end. The answer. And you either wallow in that, creatively speaking, as a way to sublimate angst or just hang yourself (not criticizing either choice). For others, nihilism is only the beginning. A jumping off point. For others still, HNW/noise/whatever is just wacky fun times and a way to get cozy. There is something very relaxing and zen-like about crafting the ultimate wall of static. Noise is basically "zen gardening" for some people, myself included in a lot of cases, particularly where HNW is concerned.

I tend to fall into the later camp regarding nihilism (I don't consider it a "better" camp to be in, just a different flavor of delusional coping). My own "black noise wall" project is a good example. The whole unspoken suggestion is that "it is what you make of it" with silent no-title tracks and blank, all-black, no-text artwork. It is an invitation to make one's own marks (and oily fingerprints) or sounds over the top of the blackness and the silence (something to do with stoicism or raging against it or whatever it is to live in the face of ultimate meaninglessness). Other concepts like dusty blank records, which I still haven't actually done, are more bleak, or else more overt/obvious in their urging. I have thought about contacting artists I like to collaborate on this idea, where I send them blank records to get dusty in their house or something, then have them get dusty in mine (a split/collab, see?), with the obvious joke being how they sound the same for all the time and effort required to do this. All we really leave behind is dust. A comment on mortality and death as the great equalizer and all that fun stuff. Audio-vanitas!

Meaning and relevance only exist in our heads. That is good enough for most, as long as people can acknowledge there is a futility behind everything past ending existence, I think sublimation, stoicism, whatever is a healthy way to deal with things without killing yourself or becoming an addict. Spirituality is also good if you're not a dick about it. Realizing "the point" of morals and "meaning" and "relevance" has to do with us, not the universe is a good thing in my eyes. I just want everyone to be happy. Minimal suffering. Not because anyone intrinsically "deserves" that, but because it just makes our collective experience that much easier while we ride this whole dark, unknowable thing out.

[/stuffnoonecaresabout]
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 amPantera
But the sandwiches... oh wait wrong thread..
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Pantera Bread sandwiches sound disgusting. I imagine they'd be something like bread with coarsely-ground nugz baked into the crust and a thick slab of extremely rare, gristle-encrusted, tobacco-smoked steak marinated in Jack Daniels-and-bar skank-sweat au jus topped off with Heinz ketchup and Kraft singles in between. :(