Why we make Noise

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Why we make Noise

Post by RUBBISH »

Sure the Beatles are influential and actually good musically if youre into that sort of thing..but culturally today how do they relate to face tattoos Xanax and ass eating?

The Beatles abby road is the best selling album of the 2010s...that's sad so damn dad and sad and stupid. Fuck off everybody that bought a new copy of that record in the last 10 years.
I mean there are only several million used copies floating around...fuck you
place holder
cultofthesunmachine
Troll

Re: Why we make Noise

Post by cultofthesunmachine »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:59 am Sure the Beatles are influential and actually good musically if youre into that sort of thing..but culturally today how do they relate to face tattoos Xanax and ass eating?
i think i have the answer, i hope this is right:

because too much xanax can make you think youre making out with john but really its just a tattoo of ringo on someones ass(?)
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:59 am The Beatles abby road is the best selling album of the 2010s...that's sad so damn dad and sad and stupid. Fuck off everybody that bought a new copy of that record in the last 10 years.
I mean there are only several million used copies floating around...fuck you
its probably a bunch of non americans so basically you are hitler
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

its probably a bunch of non americans so basically you are hitler
I like Eddie Hitler...

place holder
cultofthesunmachine
Troll

Post by cultofthesunmachine »

it looks like they recycled the Fawlty Towers set, in fact i think they recycled the whole show
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

cultofthesunmachine wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:00 am it looks like they recycled the Fawlty Towers set, in fact i think they recycled the whole show
Not at all..watch bottom or the live shows of it that go on for over an hour non stop...hardcore comedy art.

Its rik Mayall and are Edmondson from the young ones.

Comedy classic.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

In the late 80's I went to school in Winston Salem NC and was turned on to industrial music for the first time. Prior to that the weirdest group I knew was the Butthole Surfers. I bought a cheap electric guitar and restrung it with bailing wire and used a broken stereo preamp and an electric toothbrush to make my first noise recordings although at the time I called them industrial as I wasn't familiar with the term noise yet. In the mid 90's a coworker of mine in Chicago told me about this act called Merzbow that was playing at a bar and thought I'd be into it because it was extreme. It was indeed extreme.. it was one of the loudest most painful sonic experiences of my life .. I didn't have earplugs so it was actually hard to stand.. I almost left. What I found frustrating was that I could seem him turning knobs and shit but it was just a blast of noise with no discernible variation. Then in the early 2000's I started fucking around with circuit bending and eventually ended up on Troniks for better or worse.
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

All IMO.

"Why we make Noise" I think is a difficult question. 'How' questions are like science and maths, How do you find the area of a triangle... how goes smoking affect health... Why questions are like Art, Poetry, Philosophy.

How to earn a living. Why are we here.
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

JLIAT wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:00 pm "Why we make Noise" I think is a difficult question.
Not really.. I just explained above how I personally came to making "noise"..
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:00 pm All IMO.

"Why we make Noise" I think is a difficult question. 'How' questions are like science and maths, How do you find the area of a triangle... how goes smoking affect health... Why questions are like Art, Poetry, Philosophy.

How to earn a living. Why are we here.
Ah well heres the problem.
This wasn't really a question.
it was sort of a statement about how lame mainstream pop media is. The fact that a 50 year old pip record outtakes any new pop material is strangely interesting maybe sad. That beatles record will still be playable 100 years from now...will the file format keep up with modern material or will years of culture be lost?

The actual "why do you make noise" topic should be in the main noise section.

I've read xdugefs story and written mine a few times over the forums...
but ill do it again!

There is a psychological pathological reason cause motivation behind creating.

But if we want to ascribe some absurd reason for my making noise that's that I am attempting to resist pop culture or mainstream common thoughts about sound and music and to just be fucked up and not like everybody else...not overly complicated or difficult except on a case by case basis. We do it because we need to.

Make a living...now there's a line.
Last edited by RUBBISH on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm
The actual "why do you make noise" topic should be in the main noise section.
DONE!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=138