Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Ask Dr Rubbish

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:10 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:56 am
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:53 am

He was someone a now dead friend introduced to me...he isn't doing anything right now...hasn't for years.
And I think it was my friend from KCAI Reved who hooked me up with you and Noah?
Rev Ed Mason aka lonely carbon
How did you meet Ed?
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:16 am
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:10 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:56 am

And I think it was my friend from KCAI Reved who hooked me up with you and Noah?
Rev Ed Mason aka lonely carbon
How did you meet Ed?
Never met him in person ..Noah hooked us up on soulseek.
I have a stack of his noise on cds that he sent me.
Was looking at and listening to them last month. Interesting stuff.
Also have a few of his well made zines
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:48 am Never met him in person ..Noah hooked us up on soulseek.
I have a stack of his noise on cds that he sent me.
Was looking at and listening to them last month. Interesting stuff.
Also have a few of his well made zines
He attempted to get funding to make a zombie pron film which I think evolved out of those zines.. don't think he had any luck with that.

Anyway he sent me a bunch of tapes to rip and clean up for him years ago. One of the tapes he gave me was of this local who went by the name MicroCycle One. I've been meaning to do a release of the tape .. it's him describing how he escaped from a robot hospital and how by repeating microcycle one he avoids detection. He also had this handwritten business cards covered in very tiny type microcycle one. I never talked to the guy but he hung out on the KCAI campus and you'd often see him him riding around town on a bicycle and he'd have a geodesic dome model strapped to his bike. Ever hear of him?
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Not that can recall...
Probably saw the guy I'm sure.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 am Not that can recall...
Another random KCAI memory.. I was walking from campus towards downtown .. I was of course interested in thrift stores and the like and I passed a doorway with a small sign above it that said the BUNK HOUSE. Anyway I was curious so I entered the door which lead immediately to a set of stairs. When I reached the top there was a ticket booth. It was fairly dark and at first I didn't notice anybody and then this fat bald guy leans forward and asks me what I'm doing there. At this point I noticed there was another door to the right that had some kinda of adults only sign or something. I don't remember what my response was but I decided I had seen enough and left. Have any idea what that place was?
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Have any idea what that place was?
Lets see..on Broadway there was a club that became STARS a pseudo goth and gay club where you had to walk up dark stairs and I think may have been a strip club at one point?...or it could have around been 31st and main area where rays playpen was...that whole area was bath houses and peepshows and dildo shops. Those are all gone now. But Yeah male rap danger area type shit
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:39 pm Those are all gone now.
No doubt when I went back there pretty much all of the abandoned buildings I had explored were either gone or converted. That train station in downtown where Ed and I had recorded impromptu industrial jams and found train signalling explosives has been turned into a shopping center or condos or something.

All for the better I suppose.. unbeknownst to us at the time there was a huge influx of gangs and Ed was beaten into a coma the year after I left that took him a year to recover from.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:09 am
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 am Not that can recall...
Another random KCAI memory.. I was walking from campus towards downtown .. I was of course interested in thrift stores and the like and I passed a doorway with a small sign above it that said the BUNK HOUSE. Anyway I was curious so I entered the door which lead immediately to a set of stairs. When I reached the top there was a ticket booth. It was fairly dark and at first I didn't notice anybody and then this fat bald guy leans forward and asks me what I'm doing there. At this point I noticed there was another door to the right that had some kinda of adults only sign or something. I don't remember what my response was but I decided I had seen enough and left. Have any idea what that place was?

Ok..the bunkhouse was a cowboy themed gay bar...mentioned here. Cool article.
https://www.thepitchkc.com/requiem-for-rays/
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:59 pm Ok..the bunkhouse was a cowboy themed gay bar...mentioned here. Cool article.
https://www.thepitchkc.com/requiem-for-rays/
:shock: Well that certainly explains the seediness of it.. good work tracking that down.. For what it's worth I guess the font used for the small logo outside was slightly western.. but the guy in the booth certainly was no cowboy!!! :lol:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

hi dr rubbish. what attitude is wise when someone doesn't seem to want to be friends, but won't say so?

i'm, guessing causal indifference and covert hostility.

story of my life :D