Things that annoy me and that I hate.

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Things that annoy me and that I hate.

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 am
parasitenurse wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:00 pm
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:03 am 'Noise' projects that are just peoples full names are usually...99%...not noise but some alleged high concept sound art that also more likely than not is entirely boring and been done before.

(Insert image of artist type looking introspective...looking not being..being more like marketing 101 class)
-Pretentous description of product-
Government noisers get all the grants

Oh grants for art...Oh boy.
The money that are being granted is for the writing in the grant proposal not the 'art'.

Total (annoyed) respect for people good at writing grants...maybe not thier art so much.

I'm annoyed at my self for not taking advantage of my innate ability to orate on the topic of bovine feces.
Yea I always thought there should have been a class in how to living as an artist in art school.

The first lesson would be that 99% of graduates will do something else for a living.

The second lesson would be how to be a social butterfly.

The third lesson would be how to write grants.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:20 am
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 am
parasitenurse wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Government noisers get all the grants

Oh grants for art...Oh boy.
The money that are being granted is for the writing in the grant proposal not the 'art'.

Total (annoyed) respect for people good at writing grants...maybe not thier art so much.

I'm annoyed at my self for not taking advantage of my innate ability to orate on the topic of bovine feces.
Yea I always thought there should have been a class in how to living as an artist in art school.

The first lesson would be that 99% of graduates will do something else for a living.

The second lesson would be how to be a social butterfly.

The third lesson would be how to write grants.
An ex girlfriends sister was a master at grant writing. She was crafty but not an 'artist' but did goto KCAI. She couldn't grasp the idea that I made noise if that says anything.
She was courted by the Rand Corp but ended up working for the Carnegie research institution.
Both of them are better business people than they are artists...the ex also went to KCAI and she now owns an organic farm.

So yeah...
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Arguing with a British nationalist and royalist...holy shit what a dumbass.

What kind of self defeating moron still supports the idea of royalty.

I mean some fucking asshole from a country that's the size of 2 Arkansas' with numerous and distinct tiny cultures wants to push the dominate but mostly failed English culture(look at American politics for an example of a shitty off shoot of it) aka the area around london...what total dipshit.

I haven't even got around to blaming him for the troubles in the middle east they instigated with thier stupid shit...or Asia or Africa.

Damn peasant.
place holder
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:03 am 'Noise' projects that are just peoples full names are usually...99%...not noise but some alleged high concept sound art that also more likely than not is entirely boring and been done before.

(Insert image of artist type looking introspective...looking not being..being more like marketing 101 class)
Kevin Drumm? John Wiese? Jason Crumer? All decently well-liked noise folks who do stuff under their own names (personally I've never liked Drumm's work, Wiese I really only know from Sissy Spacek, Crumer I just haven't listened to).
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:40 am

Kevin Drumm? John Wiese? Jason Crumer? All decently well-liked noise folks who do stuff under their own names (personally I've never liked Drumm's work, Wiese I really only know from Sissy Spacek, Crumer I just haven't listened to).
Yes but also no. I didn't know for a long time that crumer was his actual name and honestly I've never really listened to his material.(Sorry if your reading this man. He's liked well enough he doesnt care)
Maybe he's that 1%.

Now Maybe I do understand wanting to use your own name for a noise project but why? Maybe its not noise they are into? ?Maybe they think having member of 'massive head wound gapper' and 'the George Soros troopers' on thier artistic resume will look bad(its art nobody of any worth thinks negatively about that shit ).
Ok maybe I dont understand.
Maybe they should make some art or fucking music and stop slopping around here in the area of noise.
Why dont these same people name their labels after thier selves.
I don't understand.

Mainly i was talking about a certain someone who was always nosed up in the air about thier noise and then they got married to somebody more pro and art world then he was (he went to galleries with new wifey and didn't have the strength to defend his 'noise' and probably felt stupid around a lot of nothing gallery goons...thats why they hang around galleries because they are art vampires dont listen to them ) and then he wanted to go by his own name...all fucking 3 of them...and he started making some really sad and lame art(its ok of yr just starting to make art but don't go on like you're some fucking genius and that your half assed thrown together shit is worthy of being hung on walls) and became even more pretentious and trying to think and speak 'deep' shit all the time(motherfucker you're near 50 and just discovered spray paint...cool...now fuck off). Oh by the way his noise wasnt bad so much as it wasnt really noise and was more ambient something or drone whatever.
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Corny ass ego stroking half fake all the way bullshit informmational YouTube channels with a regular viewership of a few hundred thinking they are big movers and influencers.
place holder
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:42 am
Mainly i was talking about a certain someone who was always nosed up in the air about thier noise and then they got married to somebody more pro and art world then he was
Names please.

This applies more often than not to noise releases, and is precisely what pisses me off.
art school spaghetti.jpg
Viewed 1337 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Indeterminacy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:01 pm
Mainly i was talking about a certain someone who was always nosed up in the air about thier noise and then they got married to somebody more pro and art world then he was
Names please.

This applies more often than not to noise releases, and is precisely what pisses me off.

Oh man...I dont know?
Now I'm wondering who that is.
Oh oh now I recall.
I think....This St Louis guy that goes by all 3 of his given names..mystified...that was his project.
He was such a twat on Facebook...his paintings were just minimal abstract spray paint doodles on canvas and he was acting like he had climbed a mountain or something. I get that when you're near 40 and just figured out that anybody can paint a canvas that you would get excited about it but don't come off like its the start of some major master life work of art. Come on man.
At least I think thats the guy
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:08 pm
Indeterminacy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:01 pm
Names please.

Oh man...I dont know?
Now I'm wondering who that is.
Oh oh now I recall.
I think....This St Louis guy that goes by all 3 of his given names..mystified...that was his project.
He was such a twat on Facebook...his paintings were just minimal abstract spray paint doodles on canvas and he was acting like he had climbed a mountain or something. I get that when you're near 40 and just figured out that anybody can paint a canvas that you would get excited about it but don't come off like its the start of some major master life work of art. Come on man.
At least I think thats the guy
You can't spell FART wo ART!
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

I hate whoever did this..fucking hate thier stupid asses.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/22/australi ... trictions/
place holder