Time, Matrix Glitches, Causality & Future Man Fuckery

Moderator: Modulators

Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Time, Matrix Glitches, Causality & Future Man Fuckery

Post by Indeterminacy »

Have you ever analyzed causality violation? This is not anti-arguments so fuck off.

Like this: If you don't think or do something today, your yesterday could have been different?
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Re: Time, Matrix Glitches, Causality & Future Man Fuckery

Post by Indeterminacy »

This.
image.jpg
Viewed 2137 times
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

Fuck you LHC and your damned Higgs boson.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

image.jpg
Viewed 2137 times
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

I find time very confusing, amongst quite a lot of other stuff. (I've been told I give the opposite impression for which i'm deeply sorry, well no, I cant do anything about that and I hate, no slightly dislike, the use of IMVHO, but take it as read before each sentence if you wish). I think its been established by countless experiments that time and space in relativity are interconnected such that there is not a universal 'Newtonian' time or space. There are youtube videos which explain this, and I can grasp them only briefly. Suffice it that two people in different time frames can correctly report different sequences of events, and neither is wrong or is there any uber time they can agree on. At the extreme it seems time slows with ones velocity, again famous experiments, but at the speed of light time stops. The upshot of this is that photons do not experience time. Therefore neither space. For us starlight can take thousands of years to reach us, travelling huge distances, but for the light particles there is no time, so no distance. From the photon's perspective then no causality, no chain of events. And this it seems is true?

Kant thought time and space were not 'real', but only necessary for us, as was causality etc. What we experience and can know therefore is not things in themselves, these are always hidden.

Heidegger, what I can grasp, in Being and Time, sees time more as the existential experience, which in my understanding of time is the feeling of my finger, I type so, on the black plastic keyboard, the breeze in the Acer tree, my memories which I might happen to have, a noise from downstairs and the feeling in my mouth that I should clean my teeth. The most apparent engagement with time being boredom.

I sat in a chair in the garden yesterday in spring sunlight, and thought how alive I was, and that with death I would no longer experience this or anything.
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Watching DARK has made me think that when I am a lot older, I could make up a time loop story and really freak out a random teenager by telling them that I am their future self. Hand them an old hand drawn map and tell them it will make sense in 30 years time, do not lose it. etc. And do not forget to pass on the message to yourself once you have mastered time travel.

But then what if that random kid is actually me, living a different life. And they do master time travel when they are older.

*note
Started writing something profound about String Theory but need to check my "facts" first
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

Time travel, apart from the sci fi clichxc3xa9 get out of a plot scenario, e.g. Avengers End Game, I think travel into the future faster than 60 seconds a minute is possible, but to the past? Apart from the shooting hitler or your young grandparent problem, doesn't it rest on the idea that the past is in someway still in existence. Given that, the present would also be, so any travelling back would be infinite nows going back to infinite pasts. Which I guess might mean a loop or just some kind of infinite regress - chaos... obviously this isn't the case. So a future in which this happened never occurs. The present must annihilate the past...?

Also my photon hangup, I dont see how photons could exist in a backward time travel scenario. I think from this there are deep problems beyond me with conservation of energy and matter...light cones and stuff...
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

One way to travel to the past....you would have to travel in the future so far that time started over again and you ended up in the past. The idea that time is one direction cyclical

Then there's the idea that you can only time travel to the past since the future hasnt happened yet...if you could travel time.

Then there is the idea that you can't do any Time traveling since there is only the eternal Now...but an eternal Now could also mean that all previous and possible Nows are accessible if you had the proper tools.

Then there is radioactive decay that is supposed to be a constant measure of 'real' time'

Then the idea that gravity creates time.
We know gravity dilates time...and the gravity of a situation most certainly can affect the perception of time...hahah

Then there is the idea that by using light in certain ways and forms you create some form of time travel...or a combo of light and gravity

And then there was the experiment where radioactive particles were sent through a 'time machine's and came out younger than before they went in...they traveled into the past...and it was on PBS and I can't find reference to it...so

One example of a time traveler was cosmonaut Gennady Padalka, who arrived back on Earth in September 2015 after breaking the record for the longest stay in space at 879 days.

"When Mr. Padalka came back from his adventures, he found the Earth to be 1/44th of a second to the future of where he expected it to be," wrote Princeton physicist J. Richard Gott in his book titled Time Travel in Einstein's Universe. "He literally traveled...into the future," Gott wrote

And the the reality is we can travel time and we do it constantly in our minds both forward and backwards(memories)

Our physical perceptions happen so fast sometimes so fast that the body reacts before the conscious mind...is it just a matter of neurons being so fast and our self awareness not being as aware as we think or is it a form of time travel or a bit of both.

Time exists for rocks as well as humans.
Humans experience time differently than a rock does I believe...and now it gets into the realm of the mystical and occult for me so ill stop with this part of time travel....well after I say that to me that most obvious and simple way (compared to building a machine and all that goes into that) to travel time is through your mentally and\ or spiritually.

No I won't go nuts on you James for dissecting what I wrote or ripping it apart.
do what you need to do sir...

Time is as real as anything else is real.
(A total non answer)
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

30 second load time for this page...fuck
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:28 am

Then there is radioactive decay that is supposed to be a constant measure of 'real' time'

No I won't go nuts on you James for dissecting what I wrote or ripping it apart.
do what you need to do sir...

Time is as real as anything else is real.
(A total non answer)
My conclusion was that the physics of time is beyond me, that relativity shows time is different for different frames of reference, and whether that applies to anything else I don't know.

There is a line in the film 'Contact' where the scientist sees some cosmic event... and utters .."they should have sent a poet..!

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Energy never dissipates it changes form and that makes energy eternal (no beginning or ending so time is irrelevant?) or timeless and light being a form of energy is thereby also timeless or unaffected by time.

This doesn't explain what time is just Why light would be unaffected by time.
place holder