Time, Matrix Glitches, Causality & Future Man Fuckery

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Time, Matrix Glitches, Causality & Future Man Fuckery

Post by RUBBISH »

String theory dimensions are quantum level and not macrolevel...and are hypothesis and theory...not fact.

Macrolevel being this 3 dimensional+time mainline reality we are operating in now.

Alternate realities or dimensions are not part of mainstream scientific theory.
They are the product of dreams ancient myths religion and science fiction(art)
...they are metaphysics more than and beyond physics.(for now)

Are alternate realities real...I think they are.
Are they unlimited and infinite...probably not or maybe depending on the person
(thats getting unscientific religiousy but some people may need more or less depending on thier ultimate purpose...some people may be/are one dimensional..lol but really)
But these alternate realities would explain some strange phenomenon like big foot monsters angels demons ghosts and so called or actual time travelers

We are traveling through time right now.
Is more robust and dynamic mechanical time travel possible...probably but it would require galactic scale energy use and then there is the problem of control...how to know when you are going and is it a one way trip.

The older I get the more I'm aware of time and that someday this body will run out of time and I'm kind of excited (but in no hurry) to see what happens...100 thousand more lives to live an other few million years of this...

Also lets say you did travel back in time to kill hitler...how are you going to get from where your time machine is to Austria to whack baby Hitler?
Money for travel.
Could use a rock or bare hands to kill him since he would just be a baby so no need for a gun.
Probably would help to learn German.
Gotta Kill a baby or small child and get away with it without getting caught...that would be the hardest part aside from the time travel.
Don't even bother thinking about alternate dimension hitlers...lets just deal with our Hitler for now.
Lets not even consider trying to kill him once he is in power. Time travel would be difficult enough no need for some Hollywood ninja special ops shit.
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:34 pm
Also lets say you did travel back in time to kill hitlerxe2x80xa6

The paradox is we are a product of a history which has Hitler, and so killing him would alter that history. Thus we would have no knowledge of his rise to power, because our history would be Hitler-less, the second world war and his part in it, thus no motivation to go back and kill him or knowledge of him. Unless we failed. Which is obviously the case.
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

hysterical
JLIAT wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:20 am
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:34 pm
Also lets say you did travel back in time to kill hitlerxe2x80xa6

The paradox is we are a product of a history which has Hitler, and so killing him would alter that history. Thus we would have no knowledge of his rise to power, because our history would be Hitler-less, the second world war and his part in it, thus no motivation to go back and kill him or knowledge of him. Unless we failed. Which is obviously the case.
Maybe. I mean if Hitler was the inspiration for a time machine and you did go back and kill him would the machine vanish since the inspiration that motivated its creation is kulled before they can inspire the time machine?

So killing baby Hitler would be just murdering an innocent child and someone else could take his place.

We would have send some special ops ninja assassin back to kill the Hitler we know to maybe lessen the time problems that would result...and how wants to be a baby killer...a lot of people.say theyd kill baby Hitler but I'm doubting thier resolve when faced with pulling the trigger when the gun barrel is against a babies head.

Personally killing Hitler would affect me or rather my mom since her dad was a paratrooper during D day and got shot and spent 3 months in a coma and if that didnt happen who knows if he would have met my grandmother.

But maybe we arent that important as far as time is concerned and maybe killing Hitler wouldn't matter much as far as our lives go since we...I assume...havent killed anybody or are directly involved in world changing events so its possible not much would change for us. A few cultural and political things but in general not much change.

Some ethical problems with killing baby hitler...
https://ethics.org.au/the-problem-with- ... by-hitler/

Would it make more sense to kill the people that negatively influenced Hitler so that way Hitler could still become ruler of Germany but without all the mayhem maybe? That could lessen the effects of any negative paradox that could result from killing baby hitler.

I prefer the nomad soul HP lovecraft version of time travel when the mind of the traveler is projected into the body of someone during the time period you wish to travel to...in lovecraft stories the great race projects their minds forward into the future to gather information....so traveling from the past to the future would pretty much...should... protect you from any paradox that could reault in your time fuckery.

Traveling to the past would also be a major shock to most modern people...the past sucked it was dirty and cruel and way more dangerous than the now we live in.
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am
Maybe. I mean if Hitler was the inspiration for a time machine and you did go back and kill him would the machine vanish since the inspiration that motivated its creation is kulled before they can inspire the time machine?
I think the paradox is deeper than that, no Hitler so no inspiration to build it in the first place, so it would not vanish- never be built... and you would not know anything about Hitler. Also assuming if killing him would not changre history to the extent of your not being born in a non Hitler universe.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am So killing baby Hitler would be just murdering an innocent child and someone else could take his place.
But you would then have the same paradox, having a new guy who if was evil might inspire a time machine, which if built and worked would remove its inspiration. Worse, suppose knowing there is a Hitler, and so via the time machine killing him, and so not being aware of his evil we have no way of knowing his replacement wouldn't be worse. Here is our dilemma, given the time machine would we risk removing Hitler for a likely or not worse Hitler, for all we know far in the future many Hitlers were killed like this leaving the one we know as the least evil. But worse we would have no way of knowing. I think the best option in that case would be to do nothing, as altering the past might alter our own existence.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am
We would have send some special ops ninja assassin back to kill the Hitler we know to maybe lessen the time problems that would result...and how wants to be a baby killer...a lot of people.say theyd kill baby Hitler but I'm doubting thier resolve when faced with pulling the trigger when the gun barrel is against a babies head.
Well why kill the baby, why not drug the mother with birth control pills, make sure his parents never met or whatever. But that doesnt remove the paradox.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am Personally killing Hitler would affect me or rather my mom since her dad was a paratrooper during D day and got shot and spent 3 months in a coma and if that didnt happen who knows if he would have met my grandmother.
Likely he would not. I saw a TV drama in which someone woke in a parallel world like ours but where WW2 hadnt happened. Set in the 1980s, but in the parallel WW2 less world no colour TV or Jet Aircraft, computers, satellites etc as no rapid development due to the war. Which brings us up to date, normally to develop a vaccine takes 8 xe2x80x93 10 years, with cov-19 this will be reduced to 12 xe2x80x93 18 months. And maybe new technologies in medicine which might in future save many millions?
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am xe2x80xa6.

Would it make more sense to kill the people that negatively influenced Hitler so that way Hitler could still become ruler of Germany but without all the mayhem maybe? That could lessen the effects of any negative paradox that could result from killing baby hitler.
Or not impose the payments on Germany in 1919, and use a Marshall plan. No nutsy party?
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am I prefer the nomad soul HP lovecraft version of time travel when the mind of the traveler is projected into the body of someone during the time period you wish to travel to...in lovecraft stories the great race projects their minds forward into the future to gather information....so traveling from the past to the future would pretty much...should... protect you from any paradox that could reault in your time fuckery.
I dont think so, lets say you want a better can opener, so you travel into the future where someone has invented one, you travel back with it, patent it and make it so the guy in the future cant invent it, they are already in the shops... or even if they did it would be a copy of your earlier 'invention'. I think the paradox remains.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

I already posted in this thread next Wednesday
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Soloman Tump wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:50 pm I already posted in this thread next Wednesday
It wasn't 12 monkeys.
1587251480902.jpg
Viewed 1873 times

If you haven't seen 12 monkeys...you will.
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

One problem..we may be being too logical and reasonable and presuming way too much...I think what we know about physics/reality is near nothing.
Carl Sagan described it as....imagine a block of lead that represent knowledge that is so large that stars and planets can still function amongst the lead atoms and then imagine standing on top of that block and scratch it with a pen knife...thats the depth of our knowledge.

Maybe the universe including time is a giant joke.

Douglas Addams hitchhiker series...the universe is so massive that literally anything can happen.

Jliat...you should check out a few rick and morty episodes.

Fucking space snakes.
(Space snake jazz!)
This episode involves time travel that doesn't wo.rk out well.

I guess a lesson to be learned about time travel is kill Hitler when you have the chance(during your temporal immediacy and not post Hitler) and don't time travel.

Also..Time Police.
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

I try not to conflate science with reality.
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

image.jpg
Viewed 1865 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

The Eternals from the previous post could (have) put this to rest.
Future Man warned them................
image.jpg
Viewed 1864 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend