discuss astral projection/OBE's!

Moderator: Modulators

zowozon
Noiser

discuss astral projection/OBE's!

Post by zowozon »

any of yall had an out of body experience or OBE?
some people also refer to it as astral projection, regardless, tell me your experiences!
m
¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: discuss astral projection/OBE's!

Post by ¾ dead »

Only ever on drugs, and it was always something really banal, like being at work and in my bedroom at the same time. I used to robotrip a lot, and one thing I would sometimes hallucinate was (and this is really difficult to describe) phasing between two places, where my mind's eye would see another place in my "cognitive peripheral vision", for lack of better terminology. That, or I'd see another place like a filter/screen over my normal vision, and my consciousness would sort of shift between each, though it was never as concrete as that. More like a vague/dreamlike impression.

Being fried, you just kind of stare off into space, and both things fuse into dissociated mental mud. It's a bit like having your eyes open, glazed over, but a message in your brain is telling you they're closed and you're seeing a vision of someplace else. Or something. And you get lost in the idea that you are, in fact, in another place, until you realize you're actually in your room for the 20th time.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Considering this further, I think the "most interesting" example of "astral projection" I have experienced was induced by a fever from pneumonia. I was incapacitated on the couch and kept thinking I was in an endless expanse of dirty laundry under a pitch-black sky. It was really freaky in hindsight, though I was too weak and delirious to notice at the time. I was writhing around and crawling on all this illuminated, dirty laundry that stretched out forever, but there was no light at all from the sky.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

My last mushroom experience over 20 years ago. Fwlt like glass and knives in my belly. I was in an infinite space..or just space...there were planets and a sun in the distance and I was in front of a planet size crystalline female mantid mantis type being that when it talked to mw it apundes like whooshing wind and tinkling glass. Very painful.

The being sick OBEs...had a few of those
place holder
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Maybe 10 years ago now, I was living with my parents. I had some salvia extract (maybe 120x or something, I can't remember). I smoked it a couple of times with a friend and had a pretty wild trip. But I had some left and decided to smoke it in the gazebo outside one Winter night. I had an intense hallucination that I was floating above the gazebo while my body was still sitting down in it. Like I went straight up through the roof. Then, towards the house, I saw my mom standing on the balcony, looking at me floating. I then saw her face up close. Then her face disappeared and in its place was an evil bald demon man's face, smiling. The demon man's face then opened its mouth, and as it did, it became a web of faces, forever opening their mouths. It was a web, so I could see through it. It's hard to explain. But eventually, looking through it, I started seeing the inside of the gazebo again, and as I did, the faces started to vanish into the darkness.