Economics

Moderator: Modulators

Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Re: Economics

Post by Indeterminacy »

It's about bragging rights.
Always a question of scale and one-uping.

Because my OG copy of Taku Sugimoto's - Mienai Tenshi sounded better than the re-press
because I got it in Japan and had met the guy in a hole in the wall cassette shop in Shibuya.

So flexing $Eleventy millions means you've got the price of admission, and then some.
Art auctions are the greatest example. Staggering amounts of money are bid. Insane amounts.

But I do like the concept of it's not what you made, it is what you spent.
Even as perverse as that concept is.
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Indeterminacy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:24 pm Because my OG copy of Taku Sugimoto's - Mienai Tenshi sounded better than the re-press
because I got it in Japan and had met the guy in a hole in the wall cassette shop in Shibuya.
Sure but this is digital .. there's no difference really between the Beeple image on the crypto and the a copy of it on the internet but yea flexing the wallet is "priceless"
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:44 pm
RUBBISH wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:14 pm :D
NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:26 pm
But it so cool and lame-o hipster shit music band's are doing it and covid and virtual whatevers to make money and blablabla

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/05/97408938 ... o-buy-them
I still am finding it hard to see what the appeal of this is
Its new?
I think I understand the high art appeal or the first few people that do it and if only a few people do it then that's ok...right?

The npr bit made it seem like it was a way for bands struggling because of covid to make some money. I guess merch or selling tickets to private streaming shows didn't occur to them.

I don't think this will last long in this form.
Conceptually it seems to be sellable to goofballs but the negative environmental aspect will probably kill it considering the target consumer for this crap.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:54 pm
NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:44 pm
RUBBISH wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:14 pm :D

But it so cool and lame-o hipster shit music band's are doing it and covid and virtual whatevers to make money and blablabla

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/05/97408938 ... o-buy-them
I still am finding it hard to see what the appeal of this is
Its new?
I think I understand the high art appeal or the first few people that do it and if only a few people do it then that's ok...right?

The npr bit made it seem like it was a way for bands struggling because of covid to make some money. I guess merch or selling tickets to private streaming shows didn't occur to them.

I don't think this will last long in this form.
Conceptually it seems to be sellable to goofballs but the negative environmental aspect will probably kill it considering the target consumer for this crap.
Crypto and to a some degree the stock market is a pyramid scheme because only the people in early and out at the peak get rich
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

Fair trade.
Zoo tycoon.png
Viewed 777 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend