Post by banned »

I like noise so I don't have to like anything else. hahah

:rofl:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Art Is Useless

Post by NoiseWiki »

drift wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:26 pm
depends what you mean by techniques. if you want to be hyper conservative about it, modernism wasn't THAT innovative. Whitman was already writing free verse. sound poetry has been invented a few times... collage / fragmentation. but it was DOING something new. your goal is important, I guess is all I mean. so the cantos and the waste land both use fragmentation but the latter is I think meant to be much more symbolist and less avant garde.

idk
In regards to visual art you're wrong about modernism not being all that innovative
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

yeah. and poetry is stupid.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

drift wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:46 am yeah. and poetry is stupid.
Rinse and repeat
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

art is useless
agreed, it is fucking stupid, doesn't make you happy, always lets you down, and may as well be replaced with a big dollar sign and giant pair of tits.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

NoiseWiki wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:39 am
drift wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:26 pm
depends what you mean by techniques. if you want to be hyper conservative about it, modernism wasn't THAT innovative. Whitman was already writing free verse. sound poetry has been invented a few times... collage / fragmentation. but it was DOING something new. your goal is important, I guess is all I mean. so the cantos and the waste land both use fragmentation but the latter is I think meant to be much more symbolist and less avant garde.

idk
In regards to visual art you're wrong about modernism not being all that innovative
afaicr there are two main currents in visual art, cubism [underlying psychology to the visual field] etc. vs fauvism [direct perception] etc.. so those are two basic currents which account for anything from suprematism to impressionism, in the same way you could say that modernist poetry was based on collage and sound (e.g.), just less immediately/visually appealing, hmm. anyway, poetry was involved with a lot of this stuff, if only via manifestos etc. (IIRC tire's a 600 page anthology of Russian futurist manifestos, which you can get on amazon). besides which, I find the atonal revolution the weirdest.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

drift wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:02 am afaicr there are two main currents in visual art, cubism [underlying psychology to the visual field] etc. vs fauvism [direct perception] etc..
Wut? You do realize we're in the 21st century now right?
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 am
drift wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:02 am afaicr there are two main currents in visual art, cubism [underlying psychology to the visual field] etc. vs fauvism [direct perception] etc..
Wut? You do realize we're in the 21st century now right?
outside and against the institutionalised versions of art?

man, I've never even been put in a straight jacket. can't see me being put in hospital again, though it is I suppose possible, and I don't regret my docility when I was. ha but weird... I remember the guy who I decided believed he had an electric handshake "well I feel different" ha