Art Is Useless

Moderator: Modulators

Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Re: Art Is Useless

Post by Indeterminacy »

NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:21 am
I booked this show in a gallery.. it's a long story but the people running it were a pita.. anyway the exhibit on display were these sculptures made of recycled materials one of which was a stack of used water color trays. At some point one of the performers accidentally clipped the corner of it and it collapsed so I spent a half hour after the show restacking it.. I had no idea how it had been stacked and didn't really feel it mattered because in the end it was a fucking pile of garbage
So you are complicit in perpetuating complete nonsense.

art.jpg
Viewed 704 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

These fucking gallery owners know what they are doing.

https://news.artnet.com/market/knoedler ... lock-39250
art-fraud-9.jpg
Viewed 696 times
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

Performance art.
eye.jpg
Viewed 692 times
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

NFT's are just keeping it going... :doh:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Indeterminacy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:28 am
Sure I guess.. I mean everyday now I help my daughter build stacks of blocks and then we knock them over.. the only thing imo that would be bullshit is criticism that I didn't restack them correctly.. surely somebody has had an exhibit where the audience builds the art themselves?

When I visited the Tate several years ago there was a large piece in one room that was made of rubber and more or less flat on the floor.. I think it was like a relif of a city scape and it had a small sign saying you could walk on it but nobody was so I confirmed with the guard that you could and then I stomped all over it like godzilla which turned a few heads

Also when I was a child a visiting artist at the college where my dad ran the gallery did these installations where he stacked long pieces of wood to form mazes.. I helped with the stacking and then when it was over we made large cubes of the wood that was then displayed outside so I'd say I have some qualifications for the stacking of things
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:43 am
Indeterminacy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:28 am
Sure I guess.. I mean everyday now I help my daughter build stacks of blocks and then we knock them over.. the only thing imo that would be bullshit is criticism that I didn't restack them correctly.. surely somebody has had an exhibit where the audience builds the art themselves?

When I visited the Tate several years ago there was a large piece in one room that was made of rubber and more or less flat on the floor.. I think it was like a relif of a city scape and it had a small sign saying you could walk on it but nobody was so I confirmed with the guard that you could and then I stomped all over it like godzilla which turned a few heads

Also when I was a child a visiting artist at the college where my dad ran the gallery did these installations where he stacked long pieces of wood to form mazes.. I helped with the stacking and then when it was over we made large cubes of the wood that was then displayed outside so I'd say I have some qualifications for the stacking of things
So stacking things is art?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-s ... 97b8c64520

The exhibit was originally publicized to run through June 2023 in Orlando, the museum later announced it was ending next week. Bourmas-Fry said the art's owners declined to extend the museum's contract and were planning to send the works to Italy for exhibition.

“Based on my training and experience, I believe that the significantly advanced date of the international departure of the Mumford Collection from OMA is to avoid further scrutiny of the provenance and authenticity of the works by the public and law enforcement,” an FBI special agent wrote in the warrant request.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

no-one's going to look back at the art world today and think it was anything much. you can blame kosuth etc., but maybe it was inevitable; maybe it is irreversible!
banned
Merzfinity

noise is dead.

Post by banned »

noise is dead.

imaginary friend killed it.